Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody want to sell a used Penn6/0, torium 50,or TLD30 to me? I'm up for a good reel/rod combo as well. Any participation is well appreciated. Not to be high maintenance, but if you could post a pic of your reel with the price, that'll be great. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I have 3 6/0 I want to sell. 2 of them have power pro I will sell these for $125. The other has no line I will sell for $75 (this is also the oldest). I will try to get some pics tomorow. If ya wont any of them I will open them up and clean/grease them.

Thanks

Sky

·
Registered
624 Posts
if you do not mind the single speed go with a tld 25 same capicty as the tld 30 just not two speed. tld is better than a senator for trolling imo.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JOHNJOHN205 (11/20/2007)if you do not mind the single speed go with a tld 25 same capicty as the tld 30 just not two speed. tld is better than a senator for trolling imo.
Really?Didn't know that. I thought a tld 25 was the equivalent to a penn 4/0. What's shimano's equivalent to a penn 6/0? I'm just looking for something that I can slap 80-100lb mono on and try to pull up agrouper or two. I've caught a lot of nicefishon 6/0s ,but now I'm curious to what shimano has to offer as well...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hot Reels (11/20/2007)I have 3 6/0 I want to sell. 2 of them have power pro I will sell these for $125. The other has no line I will sell for $75 (this is also the oldest). I will try to get some pics tomorow. If ya wont any of them I will open them up and clean/grease them.

Thanks

Sky

Thanks for the reply, I think the 2 6/o's with power pro are a little much, and I don't really care for braid( never have...). The one for 75.00 sounds pretty good, if you could attach a pic that'll be great! Thanks a lot. Jim

·
Registered
624 Posts
the shimano equivlent to a 6/0 would have to be a torium 50 great reel. and has a high speed retreive 4.9:1and a capicity of 40/490, 50/440 of mono. personally i only use braid for bottom fishing can feel the fish better and everthing else but thats just personal prefernce.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wishiniwasfishin07 (11/21/2007)For Grouper, I dont think you want a TLD unless your trolling.
I've seen some guys catch some pretty big bottom fish on a TLD in my days, I've personaly just had penn reels b/c they were cheaper and easy to fix. I really don't think the 2 speed option is that usefull either in bottom fishing. Seen to many snow birds miss nice fish in the bottom while fidling around with the damn speed knob.But still shimano has better quality reels, I think nobody will argue that, with better drag and durability. Just want to see what's out there. The torium 50 sounds pretty good. Just b/c a reel has a reputation as a trolling reel doesn't mean you can't use it for other uses.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Didnt mean anything negative by it. I can't stand using my TLDs for bottom fishing, because it takes to long to set the drag, and then you can't hammer it down. I have Shimano Tekotas and Toriums, both are sweet. If you want a great reel go look at these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts