Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
If I am not mistaken rtic was just running a special where u could buy a 65 for like 200$. Keep a eye on their website I got my 110 rtic for 222$ + shipping last winter

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,073 Posts
Buyers Beware:

FYI on coolers, namely Yeti Coolers (they're Anti-2d amend Commies, btw.).
They (Yeti) advertise, say for instance the tundra 105 cooler. Most people assume the 105 is the Quart size, when in fact it is Not. I'm sure they do it to deceive, because they certainly do not list it on the cooler what the actual size is.
The yeti 105 is actually a 70.9 quart cooler. A far cry from the advertised 105. But they don't say it is a 105 "Quart" cooler, just it's a 105 cooler.
The rtic coolers are more closely to their embossed model, which the rtic 45 is actually a 41.8 quart.

So, if you are interested in knowing what quart you're getting opposed to what you need, just multiply the inside dimensions (W x L x D) together, then multiply that sum by .017316 (notice the decimal), and that will be the total inside quarts.

This is the formula for a Yeti Tundra 105 cooler...
L- 23" x W- 12.5" x D- 14.25" = 4,096.875 x .017316 = 70.9414875 quarts.

Maybe that's why so many people are selling their "high quart" Yeti coolers because they've realized it's a lot smaller than they thought they were buying, going by the printed model number on the cooler?

But g/l on your cooler quest Sawman, hope this helps before you buy the wrong size.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I bought a tan 65 RTIC last December for $160. I believe the sale they had was 60% off at the time.

Unfortunately, I lost it somewhere in Escambia bay about 2 weeks ago. Damn thing flew out of my bay boat, from under my captian's seat. It was rough as shit that day so apparently the boat wasn't the only thing catching air. Never thought it was light enough to fly out. It's still in the bay somewhere. By the time realized it was gone, I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
RTIC will have a really good sale around Christmas and Billy is right, all the roto-molded coolers are a lot smaller inside than a comparable Igloo.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Gander Outdoors (40% off) has several brands of coolers, not RTIC, but some nice roto molded or whatever makes them heavier than anchors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts