Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
carguru is what i search daily for the right deal ....thats how i got my current truck...03 z71 xcab 4500 out the door,110k miles....

·
Registered
748 Posts
07-09 were some rough years for GM and it showed. Myself, my dad, my brother, and a friend all had Z71's of those models and all of us had issues. All those years had oil consumption issues, mine had an electrical gremlin that still to this day i don't think has been figured out, also had cylinder issues, my dad's transmission went to shit and my brother and buddy had very bad oil consumers. Not trying to tell you what to do, just giving you a heads up of my first hand experience with those models. I WAS a Chevy man all the way, but that experience rubbed me the wrong way. I'm a Tundra guy now through and through. I will say that the years prior to 07 (i have no experience with them post 09) Chevy made an indestructible truck. My dad worked for a coal company in west virginia and beat the dog shit outta his 02 silverado, in 4 wheel drive every single day. Put 550K miles on it before the transmission finally gave out. They dont make em like that anymore.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Yea I’ve got an 09, I turned the AFM off on it but still have oil the burns or goes somewhere? Also my dash had some
Cracks in it. One day went to the truck and I had a one foot hole in the dash when it fell it.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truck needed was located, thanks!

On another note, my personal truck is an 08 Chevy diesel. Nearly 300K miles, have only replaced power steering hoses in all that time. Still runs like new. My truck is used pulling a 10K load often, not at all pampered. I guess I got one of the good ones.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Glad you found your ride! Sorry most of us weren't too much help on the search haha. I guess i should have said before that the trucks i was referring to were all gassers, 4.8L and 5.3L v8s. I would love to find a mid 80s C/K jacked up to play in, but they sure are proud of those trucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts