Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at repowering my 19 cape. Not interested at paying 10 or 12k on a new outboard but would like to find a 2004 or newer to Repower. Let me know if you know of anyone with one for sale.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Good luck my friend!
Used engines in the year and horsepower range you are looking for are few and far between. Especially if looking for a 4-stroke.
Most you will find for sale used are off Tournament boats with a ton of hours on them. So, you could end up buying someone else's future problems.
I would consider having a reputable mechanic rebuild what you already have if possible. The older engines burn more fuel, make more noise and smoke more. But, unless you can buy new, I think you will be money ahead to rebuild and pay the difference at the pump.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I don't agree. I sold a 2003 2 stroke that was in excellent condition a few months ago. I sold the motor in order to buy a 4 stroke. You can find a good used outboard if you do some research.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel the same it is all about timing . I just hope
Someone on the forum is wanting to repower to a 4 stroke
. Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
181 Posts
A friend of mine has a Yamaha 225 Four Stroke for sale for about $5000 I can get him in touch with you if interested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts