Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone hear what happened to a Hydra Sports boat on Saturday? My brother was at Oriole Beach boat ramp late in the day & saw this being loaded onto the trailer. He said he was told that they hit some rocks, everyone bailed off and no one was hurt - but it sure looks like it hit more that rocks!
Glad no one was injured.

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any additional information. All they told my brother was that they hit some rocks. He said it also looked like they lost an outboard - or maybe two! There was only one still in place. He said there was water pouring out of the bow also.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ouch!

Sure looks like they hit several somethings. #notgonnabuffout

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,975 Posts
El Rollo on the starboard side onto the rocks?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Reactions: kanaka

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Looks like the same hull, and bow damage. Flipped over washing against the rocks like that, the top-side damage makes sense. The story says she was worried because she they couldn't see anything and after the 6th time shining a spotlight on the water, about as soon as they got on plane they had the impact...

Wha-wha-what??? On plane, coming into a pass (with jetties no less), when you know you can't see?? I'm glad they weren't killed, but there is a level of complete foolhardiness that is just hard to fathom sometimes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts