Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a little over a month ago, me and a buddy were on our way back from a fishing trip on Escambia. On our way back home from Smith's launch off of 9 mile road I see what I think is an archery target. We get closer and to my suprise it's a shooter buck in velvet.(right across the street from the old Murphys lounge). We circle back around several times and notice two of them just grazing around. I was able to snap a couple of pictures, but as you can imagine they are not that good from a moving truck. I know they are coming up from UWF but wow! what an odd place to see them. I haven seen plenty of them just as you cross the river on 90 going towards Pace coming out of the swamp. So next time your driving 9 mile road just look. You never know what your going to see.

P.S. I will try to post the picture

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Last year I was driving home when something caught my eye. I turned around and the little church that sits next to the bingo place had a bachelor group of 5 bucks in velvet standing in the yard feeding. The biggest was a very respectable 8 point. I tried to sneak around through the bingo parking low to get a video of them but as soon as they saw me they were gone. Despite being UWF deer and around people all the time they are definitely not "pets". I would love to be able to hunt back there.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I saw two monsters last year on UWF campus crossing the road at 10am. One was a narrow and tall 10 an the other was a wide but short 8

·
Registered
635 Posts
Uwf

Panthers come up every now and then ,bobcats .had to wait on bobcat eating in parking lot near car in 83 .maxfold

·
Registered
279 Posts
There's actually alot of good deer around there, cause there's alot of land between Gulf Power and UWF property that you cant hunt....

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts