Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
i will make a deal with anybody you catch a cobia we will put it in one of our big pens and let it feed off the bait till the tournament and if you win we split the prize money 50/50 just kidding

i wouldnt cheat i have though about it a couple of times but i wouldnt

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
no. and i can tell by some of your responses some of you havent really fished a tourney of any size. a- using a fish caught outside of the dates of the tourney would get you busted with a tory meter. If someone else caught it or you managed to keep it fully alive and oxygen high then you would get busted on with the poly. doubt anyone could cheat and pass them both. Not with any consistency anyway

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
OMEGA (1/19/2010)no. and i can tell by some of your responses some of you havent really fished a tourney of any size. a- using a fish caught outside of the dates of the tourney would get you busted with a tory meter. If someone else caught it or you managed to keep it fully alive and oxygen high then you would get busted on with the poly. doubt anyone could cheat and pass them both. Not with any consistency anyway

I haven't been in many tourneys but the ones I was in had a Polly. But it was only used if someone challenged your win. If you challenge a win and you were wrong you had to pay for the test. Like I said, small tourneys. In the bigger ones do all the winners get tested or only I there is doubt? What is the other test?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
When theres money involved , Some Cheat! I've heard more than I care to hear How cheating goes. Take the money away, new ball game. Ling Tourny's, Cheat! King Tourny's ?---------Cheat! To Me its not that important to win as it is to place. Placing is your proof how good you are consistantly. As said, Kharma always comes out. :nonono To Cheat & win means nothing! LIKE TAKING STEROIDS IN SPORTS!:looser

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Haven't won any tournaments yet so I guess it's NO............Got to catch fish in order to cheat. I go out for the fun and fellowship. If I catch anything I can keep, I win!!!!!:usaflag:letsdrink

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
iswim2fish (1/19/2010)hmmmmmmmmmm maybe i spoke 2 soon would i claim a snagged fish well er uh mmmmmmm yup! but i did not no tht it ws ilgl???!!?? now that i no ? ? ?> ?? ? I DONT KNOW HONESTLY?????

signed ummm spok2soon

ENGLISH??? do you speak it???

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
fisheye48 (1/19/2010)
iswim2fish (1/19/2010)hmmmmmmmmmm maybe i spoke 2 soon would i claim a snagged fish well er uh mmmmmmm yup! but i did not no tht it ws ilgl???!!?? now that i no ? ? ?> ?? ? I DONT KNOW HONESTLY?????
signed ummm spok2soon
ENGLISH??? do you speak it???

Yoda, he speaks so he is, mmmmmm yes, my young padawuan, It isYoda is he.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Kind of a Secondary View.

I have fished in a Tournament that there was spectulation that an angler or team cheated, I didn't like the way it felt. I felt ripped off, or stolen from. It wasn't a matter of my team winning the tournament, but it was a matter of my team played fair and would have been at a disadvantage to a team that cheated, and my team paid to play just like every other team did. It was a Sick Feeling about the whole event.

I will also say that I have fished each and every Emerald Coast Redfish Club (ECRC) Event, and not once felt or heard of anyone else feeling that anyone broke the rules, Great Bunch of Guys and Gals.

How often do you feel that it happens? Win or Not, How often do you feel or think that someone Tries to or Cheats in a Fishing Tournament?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I cheated 19 years ago in a high school golf tournament that I "won". Without cheating I would have finished second. To tell you this 19 years later lets you know how bad I still feel about it. No, I would not cheat because I would let it bug me for 19 years.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts