Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming down with my 17ft boat for the opener of ARS but will stick to the bay. Debating whether it's worth bringing the 10ft cast net or if it's more efficient just to sabiki pins on the grass flats and by shiners from the bait boat.

Being somewhat new to fishing the area I'd prefer not to spend hours driving around looking for a bait ball to throw a net at... any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, now I'm curious. If not a joke, raw bacon or cooked? If it's a joke, laugh at me politely and move along. I'm new to this, just bought my boat last fall and I'm still learning. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wouldn't try to net a bait ball, could be 3/8" stabbers and you'll spend the next hour picking them out of your net. larger bait would have to be in shallow or the'll just outrun a 10' net.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It’s definitely worth throwing your net on the grass flats. You’ll have far better luck with the cast net. My opinion. You can either drift (sight cast) or anchor. If you anchor, you’ll need chum them to the boat. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts