chad403 (21/04/2010)11x50=550
100 gallons in fuel =300
7 dollars and hour deckhand= 40
bait and ice =80

profit made 130 dollars

100 trips a year 13000

slip fee and insurance boat payment 1000 month

he is maken 1000 dollars a year.
Please don't tell me you really think this is the math for that charter for a year.
lol thats what i was thinkin.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For what it's worth I've been a mate in Destin for 9yrs and it does happen but I can tell you that we were no less than 2hrs late coming back for no additional $. You can tell when a capt. and crew are trying though. I'll tell anyone asking down on the docks that there is not much to a 4hr and depending on what they expect we will not just take their $ and chock it up to a bad day. Fishing has been tough out there as far as bottom fishing goes but snapper are not a problem. Not sure if it is water quality or what but it's been hard for the last 3 wks.

·
Registered
687 Posts
strvnfshrman (26/04/2010)For what it's worth I've been a mate in Destin for 9yrs and it does happen but I can tell you that we were no less than 2hrs late coming back for no additional $. You can tell when a capt. and crew are trying though. I'll tell anyone asking down on the docks that there is not much to a 4hr and depending on what they expect we will not just take their $ and chock it up to a bad day. Fishing has been tough out there as far as bottom fishing goes but snapper are not a problem. Not sure if it is water quality or what but it's been hard for the last 3 wks.

^^^^THIS !!

A 4 hour charter on a "Deep sea" charter boat is nothing but a boat ride designed for tourist families....everyone I know discourages against the 4hr charter and pretty much anyone who has a slight idea of how things work around here knows that it is not a fish catching adventure...You get what you pay for...and sometimes,rarely the 4hr will pay off but I would wait til snapper season to try it.

That said, if your 4 buddies would have paid a little bit more you could have taken an inshore/nearshore guide or one of the smaller,faster 6 pack vessels and had some more opportunities at some fish...But still you would be paying a bit more than 50$ with either of those 2 options....

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Alot of the 4 hrs trips catered to king fishing during the summer and also a charter boat could get 4 4hrs trips in a day.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts