Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past weekend while diving for our ERS in alabama i shot a rather large lane snapper. the fish officially weighed in at 14lbs and 5 oz at the alabama marine fisheries after confirming the species. it blows the hook and line out of the water by 6 lbs. has anyone ever herd or been apart of pursuing a world record? their is nothing on-line i can find about a lane snapper category, is it worth spending time on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the yellow lines do not show up very well and the spot is faint but the biologist verified it today. they said it is the oldest one they have seen, approx 18 years old. they also said a 10 year old lane is a old one.BTW turning in fish like this helps our state fisheries fight the idiots in washington and noaa , it will make them re-evaluate the stock assessments.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wirelessly posted

The Ole Wait a Minute!

Hey, that's a great Lane snapper . Several years ago my friend caught one 7lb. 13 oz. he was going to clean it. He did not clean it after me telling him he may have a record ? We'll it was a record at the time Alabama State record and World record at the time. He did not submit any paper work for the record. The yellow stripes were very faint on the fish like yours. That's a great fish.

"GET'EM OFF THE BOTTOM"

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
as far as a cross breed very doubtful , the anal spins (fin) says lane snapper. who really knows, nice fillets

·
LyterKillsLing
718 Posts
To get a spearing world record, you must be Freediving. Certified scale, weigh master, and paperwork, video helps seal the deal along with measurements. IUSA.com if you would like to compare to legit records. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
Looks like an ars met a lane
i thought the same thing first glance but the close up u can see the markings it looks a little like a mutton but i think it is a lane i have never seen 1 much over 5 lbs and most are under 3 so one that size would not have the distinctive markings a smaller one would

1 - 20 of 21 Posts