Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FORMER Shore & Pier Guide
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.al.com/news/press-register/index.ssf?/base/news/1192785382124510.xml&coll=3

With the announcement Thursday by the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources that construction on the pier would begin in mid-November and that it should be completed within 15 months...
The new plans call for the pier to be built roughly 300 feet east of the old pier site to get it away from an area of beach that blew through to Alabama 182 when Hurricane Ivan destroyed the pier in September 2004, Boyd said.
It will be 1,512 feet long, 20 feet wide and have a positive elevation to the decking of 20 feet above sea level, according to engineering specifications. The old pier was 875 feet long, 14 feet wide and had a positive elevation of 18 feet.
:clap :letsparty

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Good News #r.

Now; where have you been hiding/lurking?

Shoot me an email. I need help harvesting the Pompano crop big time. C2

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thats great news! I wonder if they are planning on building it with the "blow out decking" for future storms? Over 1500 feet long......is that longer than P'cola's pier?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Glad to hear this...that was my favorite pier:toast

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Dragged a many a shark off the old one when I was a kid. Lets hope that the new one will be as good. There used to be a old guy in a little flat bottom boat that would haul out your line as far as it would go, just attach a $5.00 bill to your hook.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has any equipment started to roll in and work on the new pier yet? Just wanted an update. I can't wait till it is fishable!!! Thanks, Toby

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
They've already brought in a lot of equipment. looks like they will begin pretty soon.

·
FORMER Shore & Pier Guide
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts