Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got a question for both those of yall who have been to my farm and those who have game cameras. Where would I do best in putting up a camera at? On a hot greenfield? Or on a scrapeline (that I don't tell my buds about haha)? Or maybe at an intersection of several roads? Opinions?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Chris says we need one where my 4wheeler ran out of gas that night (OMG never again) and one up where I got my deer and little dave got his.. and it would be interesting to have one down in the swamps

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
UM I do..........

its down the trail from where chris ran into his friend...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Any of the options you mentioned....really wherever you are least likely to see them without having to use the camera. I just started using cameras this year and one thing I had to learn was not to set them uptoo close on a trail or too close to a feeder...that seemed to scare them...got some real "deer in the headlights looks". When I moved the camera back, I saw a lot more deer, both number of pictures and more deer in each shot. Beginner mistake. Good hunting and War Eagle.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Of all the areas I hunted there, I'd have to say the two best areas I saw were on the back fence line up by the big oak on the fence, between your tree stand in the back corner and where you had the two seat leaning stand that Katelyn and I liked hunting. The one with an open field up against the property line right at the top of the draw.

The second would be on the back side of the other piece of property. There are alot of deer that travel both of those areas although that's not where they are feeding and bedding. If you want to know what's coming on and off the property, I think those would be the best two bets to see what's there.

·
Super Moderator
28,621 Posts
Woody, find a good trail down in the swamp off the Highway and put it out...try to find where a few trails connect into 1 main trail and you should'nt loose.....:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts