Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, hoping someone can shed some light on inshore fishing this time of year. Living in Ft. Walton Beach, I've been fishing around the local bridges (Destin, shalimar). Haven't had much luck besides pinfish and small mangroves. My assumption was as water got cold fish get lethargic and deeper, so I've been sticking to bottom fishing tactics with either live bait or artificials. Reading on here though i see people still catching in shallower water so I'm thinking i got it all wrong. Any advice for those around Ft. Walton Beach would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Small bays, Bayou’s and rivers are where you want to be for winter patterns. Also, sure does fishing is great this time of year. That’s just my experience.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Water temp hasn't dropped as much as you think. Last week Choke-A-Loosa was catching kings.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Shoot me a message sometime if you're looking for a winter fishing buddy in the FWB area ( my other buddys complain about the cold lol) :)

In the winter time I hate sitting in one spot and waiting for the lazy fish, so I rather go wade/walk the beach/shore if you're up for that. No need for heavy gear either.. I just bring a Spinning rod with 15-20lbs test and Gulp (penny colored) shrimp with some jig heads. Those usually work wonders for me during these month for redfish, flounder and the occasional pompano. Right now its just about working the most area for me and artificials give me a chance to entice a lazy fish thats hungry enough

·
Registered
308 Posts
we have a little local group setup most of us are in ft walton on facebook. check out emerald coast kayak/sup anglers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts