Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we decided to leave at midnight on Wednesday to headed out of Harbor View Marina. The crew was Emanuel (Frenchy), Clay Doh, Terry, Ed, and Josh (FenderBender). We get past a minor hiccup with the starboard engine and begin our two day journey. We arrive at the Neptune right at sunrise and put out a spread. First pass we hook up right away. We boated a nice blackfin. Second pass we hook up with a yellow fin, this continued for about an hour or so. Once they quit biting the spread we decided to start jigging.

After the Neptune we wanted to check out some deep drop spots that Josh had. Here we got about 10 snowy grouper and some other randoms. I'm thankful for electric reels because one of the spots was over 800ft. Josh later decided that he wanted to see if he could jig some group at the 400 ft spot and landed a nice snowy on the jig.

After deep dropping we headed to the Ram to try our luck some more. We had some plugs out while heading to the ram and landed a nice skipjack tuna. At the Ram we landed some more black fin. After fishing until the bite stopped we headed to the petronus to try our luck. We didn't get anything there, but I did hook up some something big that broke me off.

We then went to the MP255 and ate, slept and jigged until morning. Once morning came around we decided that we needed some AJ's on the boat so they caught about 3 of them and we decided it was time to head back in.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice haul!

I love the Coozie, I load episodes on my iPad and Kenny Powers helps us pass the time on the overnight trips out there.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Nice report and pics, thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts