Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the size/style of windows on their boat? I am thinking about maybe changing the windshield on my boat to make it higher.

Registered
I would think it would not be to hard maybe contact creative acrylic to make the glass or use lexan or plexiglass. then you just use alum.chanels to make the frame and bolt into place.... thats at least my thiughts on it. ive thought about doing the same thing on mine but have to many other projects going.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the ideas...I'm like you, too much other stuff going on right now. Hopefully will have some time to attempt this project.....

Registered
It would help if we had a pix of what you have.

CC, W/A cuddy,??

Registered
Discussion Starter #6

Thinking about adding a hardtop and have the windshield all the way to the top...Any ideas?

Registered
I would think get the hard top done first then do the windsheild. but if your looking at making what x-shark has then thats a while nother issue. I have accualy thiught the same thing but I kinda like the wind and being able to look above the windsheild or threw it so im going to stick with what I have..

Capt Dickhead
Get the hardtop done, then go see Billy at the canvas shop on gulf beach hwy and look at the glass called EZ2CY. Its pricey, but good. Trying to modify all that framework will be costly, and you wont get it back. EZ2CY is not a soft glass like eisenglass, its stiff and clear as can be.

http://www.ez2cy.com/gallery/gallery.asp

Registered
I liked the whole wind thing in my face till I had a flying fish to the right eye last season. I like windshields now.:doh

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all for the help/replies:bowdown:letsdrink.. Hopefully I can do something soon...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts