Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. Winch Crank Handles Stolen @ Navy Point boat ramp yesterday.

I as well as one other boat were stolen. Like to know how many more?

The other trailer and I were the last ones in the parking lot. This was about 4:00 yesterday afternoon.

I got a description of the people that were doing it. They were between 20 & 25yrs old.

So what we had was not a kids prank.

What we had was pure vandalism by people who were unhappy that someone else could have a day off in the middle of the week to go fishing and you wanted to spoil it.

If I find you, I have a place to stick those handles.

No.....It will not be up your Ass. It will be in your [email protected]#king Eye. I want you to remember why you can't see real good and with the other eye you will know not to touch someone else's property again.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
What is happening in our country?

This is pure crime! I hope you catch the $#@!*&^

I have some winch handles with the slotted end for the gear drive, a little rusty but they work. Call me if you want one.

Those bolts that hold those on are usually Nylox and require a wrench to remove. The SOB's must have been walking around the parking lot with a wrench in their pocket???

I have said several times that the safe boat launch ramp is the one at Pensacola Shipyard on Myrick St., guarded, well lit and TV cameras.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Tom, i think he is talking about the quick release handles for the 2 speed winches.. anyway that is pure BS.. they need to have thier hands cut off.. I hate a GD thief..

·
Super Moderator
27,931 Posts
That's crazy as heck!!! Nothing but pure pieces of crap, just stealing em because of STUPIDITY!!!:shedevil

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Ive said it several times on here, a thief is to me as low as a child molester or murderer. Death penalty for thieves! It would be a great deterrent!

·
Praedator
9,916 Posts
Jason (4/15/2010)That's crazy as heck!!! Nothing but pure pieces of crap, just stealing em because of STUPIDITY!!!:shedevil
Yep, just plain dumb. They probably thought it would be funny when the boaters came back and could not get their boat back on the trailer. Nothing but pure POS people right there.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I'll have to check my boat today when I get a chance to get to the Marina. I'd love to catch a thief in action. SCUMBAGS is all I have to say.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think he is talking about the quick release handles for the 2 speed winches..

That is what I have.

Dutton-Lanson Model # DL200A

No other description of the Scumbags. Asked a guy that was sitting on the dock by himself.

I did not look at the winch on the other trailer in the parking lot. When I was being verbial about my dissatisfaction of the Scumbags there was a fellow walking and admiring my boat and he walked by the other trailer and said it was missing also.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'd bet it was some broke loser with a boat that needed a handle for his and rather than buying one he went to the boat launch to steal one.......

might be worth a little ride around the blocks nearby the launch, people are pretty dumb & it wouldn't surprise me if the other handles were just laying there on the porch or something...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Had the same sh$% happen to me on a trip to Sebastian, bastards, hope someone catches these pricks, I despise a damn thief.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I remember a post about how the bearing buddies were being stolen at shoreline not too long ago. Some people made fun of my suggestion of putting an electric fence charger on the vehicle. A big one, something like a 20 mile fencer that would jump about an inch to somebody to get them.

I bet that option is looking better and better all the time.:takephoto

·
Registered
869 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (4/15/2010)I remember a post about how the bearing buddies were being stolen at shoreline not too long ago. Some people made fun of my suggestion of putting an electric fence charger on the vehicle. A big one, something like a 20 mile fencer that would jump about an inch to somebody to get them.

I bet that option is looking better and better all the time.:takephoto

LOL I was seriously thinking this too!!! except I was wondering how to hook up a 12V battery, LOL.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
They make fencers with 12 volt power supply. They are for remote situations without 110 volt AC available.

Only tricky part is grounding it. You would need to either park near a power pole with a grounding rod, then run a super-sneaky wire to the pole and wrap it on the ground rod, or else carry a piece of rebar and already have it pre-fixed with a wire leading off it going to the vehicle.

As long as you parked on the edge of the parking lot, it would be easy to disguise. Just step out, take a hammer and drive the rebar into the ground 8-10 inches, turn on the fencer with the hot wire on the frame, and watch the action unfold....

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (4/15/2010)They make fencers with 12 volt power supply. They are for remote situations without 110 volt AC available.

Only tricky part is grounding it. You would need to either park near a power pole with a grounding rod, then run a super-sneaky wire to the pole and wrap it on the ground rod, or else carry a piece of rebar and already have it pre-fixed with a wire leading off it going to the vehicle.

As long as you parked on the edge of the parking lot, it would be easy to disguise. Just step out, take a hammer and drive the rebar into the ground 8-10 inches, turn on the fencer with the hot wire on the frame, and watch the action unfold....
Then find a great lawyer cause your ass will get sued and the way our justice system is you will lose everything you own.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Splittine (4/15/2010)
angus_cow_doctor (4/15/2010)They make fencers with 12 volt power supply. They are for remote situations without 110 volt AC available.

Then find a great lawyer cause your ass will get sued and the way our justice system is you will lose everything you own.

yup. I agree on that one. Somehow, the lowlife will become the victim. Just like that guy that was run over by the deputy who was chasing him.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
a friend of mine once had a problem with a coworker who kept playing practical jokes on him. It was always something, week after week.

My friend finally decided to get revenge, and he ran an insulated wire from the coil to the firewall, through a small opening, under the carpet in the cab, and through the seat frame. He then stripped off about 12 inches of insulation and WOVE the wire into the seat cover. That dude cranked up his workvan, and that wire proceeded to eat his tail UP!!!!

:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto

The guy never messed with my friend again. Of course, this was awhile ago. Nowadays, he would have been sued over it....

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (4/15/2010)a friend of mine once had a problem with a coworker who kept playing practical jokes on him. It was always something, week after week.

My friend finally decided to get revenge, and he ran an insulated wire from the coil to the firewall, through a small opening, under the carpet in the cab, and through the seat frame. He then stripped off about 12 inches of insulation and WOVE the wire into the seat cover. That dude cranked up his workvan, and that wire proceeded to eat his tail UP!!!!

The guy never messed with my friend again. Of course, this was awhile ago. Nowadays, he would have been sued over it....
Another funny prank with a car is to run a wire from the brake lights to the horn so everytime they hit the brakes, the horn blows :shedevil

·
Registered
380 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (15/04/2010)a friend of mine once had a problem with a coworker who kept playing practical jokes on him. It was always something, week after week.My friend finally decided to get revenge, and he ran an insulated wire from the coil to the firewall, through a small opening, under the carpet in the cab, and through the seat frame. He then stripped off about 12 inches of insulation and WOVE the wire into the seat cover. That dude cranked up his workvan, and that wire proceeded to eat his tail UP!!!!

Was this in 1975 and was the guys name Tommy? We did the exact same thing to him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts