Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WOULD LOVE TO LEARN HOW TO WRAP RODS AND WAS HOPING THAT ONE OF THE PFF MEMBERS WOULD SHOW ME HOW AND STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. anyone in the pensacola area.

·
Capt Dickhead
1,225 Posts
We have a member here, Desperado, who has done this in the past, but he hasnt responded in awhile? I've been a little out of touch lately, maybe a more informed member will chime in and let us know Will's status! He has always been willing to give great rod building advice

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well I live a little far away for it to be efficient to teach you how to wrap a rod. Unless you lost something in montgomery, or have a reason to drive all the way up here, I have no problem with showing you how to do it. I will be picking up some blanks and components in the next few weeks and building three rods.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It will take about an hour of watching to go through the basic steps. Now this will inclued any questions you have and a demonstration of the different steps. I will cover everything from installing the grips and reelseat to doing the underwraps and wrapping the guides.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It will take about an hour of watching to go through the basic steps. Now this will inclued any questions you have and a demonstration of the different steps. I will cover everything from installing the grips and reelseat to doing the underwraps and wrapping the guides.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL. WHAT KIND OF EQUIPMENT SHOULD I BE TRYING TO FIND IN ORDER TO CONTINUE WHEN I GET BACK HOME.

·
Registered
456 Posts
That is totally up to you. You can go with the route I did and buy a entry level lathe for about 300.00 including shipping, or you can build your own. Right now my buddy is getting ready to build his own. I would recommend going to www.mudhole.com and looking at the lathes they have and than will get you started.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANK YOU FOR THE HELP. IF YOU WOULD LET ME KNOW WHEN IS GOOD FOR YOU I WILL ARRANGE TO BE OFF WORK AND MAKE THE TRIP FOR YOUR HELP

1 - 17 of 17 Posts