Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a joke, goofed off in my wife's Riot Kayak Escape 12 Angler enough to realize I need something better. Bought a Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler because I want to be a lot more serious but not necessarily professional.

I'm looking to do chores, assist tourists or bait hooks just to "hang out" and learn what I can. No expectations of pay, just the "ojt" of being out there. I've been out 5 miles a few times goofing off and I'm comfortable on the water. I chartered for my father for years in Maryland but a kayak is a much bigger challenge and I'm really up for it.

Short of it is, what can I do for ya in order to learn the tricks of yaking? Prowler will be here this weekend but still have the Riot as long as I need it.

Please don't say "hire a tour guide", that's the expense I'm trying to avoid. I'd rather work off the cost.

Call, text or contact me here,I'm usually on top of texts fast and retired so available pretty much any time.

Thanks for looking!
John

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
Hey John you are in the right place buddy! Learning is what this forum is all about! Hiring a guide is an experience that will pay for itself for your entire life. Those guys like JD are awesome at what they do and earn their money! That being said you do not have to hire someone to go fishing and learn the ropes. All you need is one good buddy that knows what hes doing in the water and how to catch fish.
I personally have considered myself a terrible fisherman my whole life. Ive fished a ton and caught absolutely nothing or very little. I cant count the hours ive sat "in the right place" with the "right bait" and caught diddly squat. I was just missing one little piece of the puzzle.
I had a buddy that i raced with for years and we never talked fishing. One day it came up and we have been fishing our asses off ever since. He is a great fisherman and ive learned a ton! Its crazy how much guys like JD really know! There is so much detail to fishing that those guys have spent years refining.
If you want to fish with us at some time we would be more than happy to have you come along. I cant guarantee you will learn much but its a chance to go fishing with others in kayaks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you are in the navarre area and want to go out sometime during the evenings let me know I'd be more than happy to go with you and we can both learn from each other. Why works or me may not work for you but it could always be modified to suit you better. I'm doing a little surf fishing in about 1.5hrs in navarre if you want you are more than welcome to come out. I'll probably have one of my sons out there and his momma too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also new to the yak fishing frenzy, but stoked to get out and catch some fish! I live over in Tiger Point area and convenient to a few put-ins. Let me know when you guys are planning on going out or would like to meet up for some fishing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts