Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a glock 19 pistol and was wonering ifa stock glock 38 barrel fit it since both are GLOCK Compact pistols....

Any questions, comments, concerns will be helpful and appreciated.....

Thanks

Jack

·
Registered
39 Posts
No

A glock 19 cant use any .45/10mm barrel, there are no conversions available for that frame in any caliber larger than .40/357 sig

Even with a 40.357 sig conversion you need a CONVERSION barrel because the factory slide isnt widened for the larger barrel (conversion one is skinnier in profile than factory barrell)

If you have a 40/357 frame you can switch barrels in vice versa withno problems from one to another, BUT for 9mm you need a conversion barrel, there are no conversion barrells that allow you to shoot .45 in the smaller framed guns

(all glock 45 gap/acp/10mm frames are wider than the 9/357/40 cal frames)

Basically the only two calibers that interchange with stock parts are the 357/40 models

hope you can understand my gibberish,

The G 19 can be converted to 357 sig or 40sw (WITH converson barrel only), no stock barrel will fit in the slide other than 9mm

I have a 357 Sig model I use a 9mm conversion barrel, and a stock 40 S&W barrel, perfect results with either , barrels online are $150ish, well worth it, the 357sig and the 40 mags are THE same and interchange just like barrels

(If you have a 1ST gen g19, which doesnt not have finger grooves or a rail , those frames are not supported for anything other than 9mm, the newer 3rd gen frames are re-enforced for the higher pressure rounds)

You can however get a 22lr converson kit, and shoot cheap haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts