Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my recent experience with Wildgame Innovations for my non-functional camera. I bought the camera during hunting season last year at Outcast...so I know the camera is less than a year old, which is WG's stated warranty. Went to go get it fired up this year and it won't power on with a fresh set of duracells. I don't have the receipt.

Called the number after digging around to find it a bit, listened to music for about 30 mins. Finally got thru, gave her the model #. She asked me if I had tried new batteries....well there's a novel idea!!! Why didn't I think of that!! "Yes ma'am, brand new batteries." She informed me they don't repair cameras only replace them and that this model has been discontinued for over 2 years. Must have receipt for cameras in that situation. Wouldn't budge on it one bit, which if it's their policy, guess they shouldn't...but seems like bad policy to me. Asked her how I could avoid purchasing a camera new in the package and be sure that I was buying a current model year camera and she didn't have a good answer to that.

So, I currently own about 10 cameras and buy a few each year, but never again will I buy a Wildgame Innovations.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
that is piss poor. i can see where the box, or paperwork, or even the website may say that's what the policy is - but when someone calls they should at least check the dern thing out. it's not hard to comprehend that stores won't just throw away the last years models that are left over. i sent back a moultrie and talked to those folks and they sent me a new one (mine had also been discontinued - but they stepped up and sent me the newer one. lo and behold i've bought more moutlries since then and won't hesitate to buy another if needed.) sorry about your experience, but thanks for the heads up.

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
You need to give PRIMOS game camera's a try, be sure to fill out the warranty to CYA, good luck on working your issues. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Check out ebay for game camera's, they have all the name brands and got good prices on them, also discontinued one listed with warranties

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have not and willl not buy wildgame innovation anything. Thay are just the middleman for a bunch of chineese junk. They make nothing and are getting rich off people that dont know better. They dont know much about hunting, but making a killing off of folks. Sorry, but I just dont agree with there style. Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yep,
the Busbice boys are makin millions sellin USA hunters chinese junk. Thats why its cheaper for them not to fix anything and just replace it.

A lot of other companies are also selling chinese made junk and you get what you pay for now days.

·
Registered
14,918 Posts
Spent over hour looking at about 12 different camera models/brands at Academy this afternoon. 100% of them were made in China. I think they are all made in the same building and just get a different case and are stamped with some well known American companies logo. In fact I have decided that companies like Primos, Wildgame, Moultrie etc just sell them a name and maybe make a few suggestions on where to put the buttons and what color to make it and wha - la.... Crap in a pretty package! With game cameras you pays your money and takes your chances. Best advice is save the receipt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.