Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WildFest 2019 will be happening in Pensacola Saturday. 09/07/2019

The annual event is put on by the Wildlife Sanctuary of Northwest Florida towards the end of summer.

People can come in and meet the sanctuary’s bird ambassadors and eat food while listening to live music.

The festival serves two functions – it celebrates the end of the sanctuary’s busiest time of the year, and it acts as a supply drive for the animals.

“WildFest is one of those occasions where we replenish supplies, but we also celebrate that summer is almost over because it’s our busiest season. So, it’s a time to do some fundraising, but mainly get out and meet and greet,” explained Sanctuary Director Dorothy Kaufman.

The event goes from noon until 3:30 p.m. at the sanctuary on North S Street in Pensacola.

They are asking for various types of food and cleaning supplies.

Meal Worms (live and dried)
Live Crickets (feed stores)
Latex Gloves (all sizes)
Berries (all types) and Veggies
Paper Towels
Tissues
Simple Green
Sunflower Hearts (bird seed dept)
Fresh/Frozen Chicken
Fresh/Frozen Fish (whole or filets)
Venison/Red Meat (no pork)
Bottled Water

Walmart, Lowes, Sams, Home Depot, and Walgreens gift cards are always appreciated so that we can buy the supplies we need, when we need them!

Wildlife Sanctuary of Northwest Florida
105 North "S" Street
Pensacola, FL 32505
Phone 850 433 9453

Clean out your Freezer, Pantry and Refrigerator.
And of course, they need these items year round.

Area wildlife needs your help. Wildlife rehabilitation is an important job, one that needs the continuing support of caring sponsors. Animals and birds try to co-exist with humans, but often end up becoming tangled in fishing line, hitting power lines, having their habitat destroyed, becoming orphaned, poisoned and getting into a whole host of other troubles.

The Wildlife Sanctuary's motto is "Receive, Rehab, Release." We are doing wonderful work, releasing large numbers of rehabilitated wildlife or giving them a peaceful sanctuary. But our operating expenses are huge, and they are rising. We depend on the generosity of the public. Our volunteers are dedicated and hard-working people who give up much of their time to lend a helping hand. Please help us continue our important work.

Join us in working to preserve and support our sanctuary. Membership in Friends of the Wildlife Sanctuary is fully tax deductible. We now accept MC, VISA and Discover cards or through Paypal.

http://www.pensacolawildlife.com/help.html

·
Registered
514 Posts
It seemed like a bigger crowd this year compared to last year.

And I hope they had a good intake of all things today. My wife has 3 Aunties that volunteer there in different ways.

·
Registered
13,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seemed like a bigger crowd this year compared to last year.

And I hope they had a good intake of all things today. My wife has 3 Aunties that volunteer there in different ways.
Today was the largest turnout ever.
It could be the economy.
But yes today was the most productive ever. Thanks for participating.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
I have donated many critters there, and always giving them $ when I drop off the critters. I have been a little ticked at em when I started dropping critters off when they told me they would call me with updates on the critters. They never did and when I called all I was told was they were good... I just quit worrying about it! If you are going to tell somebody you are going to do something, DO IT!!! I'll still donate to em though!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Jason I can assure you that any critter dropped off there has a life of content for the period it takes to rehab and recover before release. Since you've been there you know it's not a huge building and most normal dropped off critters move out to volunteers homes the day the critter is dropped off.

I've seen my wife's aunt feed and care for over 50 (small) critters at a time but normally she has around 8 to 10 small animals. She spends more $$$ on critter food than she does people food always and has for 25 years, If these critters look sick then off to a vet they go.

They do give our wildlife a big boost and most of the funding comes out of volunteers own pockets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts