Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at getting a Commander 120. They look like a sweet boat. Does anyone in the pff have one, if you do what doe you think of it?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looks like it will be good as long as you plan on sticking to the bay. It's a sit in kayak, so there is no holes to let the water drain out.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I looked at this kayak when I was shopping around for a new one. The problem I have with it is it has no scuppers, no rod holders, or much of the usual embellishments of a fishing kayak. It does have a wide open cockpit that will give you plenty room to move around, but no footpegs or rests to torquing into the wind or waves when needing to paddle harder. It looks like they minimized the plastic to save money in making it and still giving it some looks to sell at 995 starting price. Basically a quiet water open hull kayak/canoe/boat hull. It looks good at first, but then begins to show what it is lacking for real kayak fishing. I wouldn't even think of taking it into the gulf. It does have high freeboard/gunnel height, but that will not get you through most surf. They give a lot of these away on KBF. More of a quiet water bass boat apparently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts