Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted in the wrong forum earlier...

So decision time is very close! I plan on doing some fly fishing out of a kayak so I need something I can stand in. I am thinking my best two options are the Ride and the Slayer. If anyone has experience with either, or both, I could sure use some insight. What do you like, what do you not like, etc. I plan on going to PKS next weekend to purchase one after testing them all out.

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a slayer 12 and I love it. I can easily stand in it and I really like the open deck. It has a lot of space for equipment and tons of rails to customize it how you want. The seat is also the second best in of all the kayaks, only the new pro angler seat is more comfortable in my opinion.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a slayer 12 and I love it. I can easily stand in it and I really like the open deck. It has a lot of space for equipment and tons of rails to customize it how you want. The seat is also the second best in of all the kayaks, only the new pro angler seat is more comfortable in my opinion.
Thank you!

Do you ever find yourself wishing for below deck storage?

·
Registered
336 Posts
What about a Jackson Cruise 12. It comes with the same hull as the Cuda 12 but with a stripped down top. Some of my flyfishing friends prefer this model.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about a Jackson Cruise 12. It comes with the same hull as the Cuda 12 but with a stripped down top. Some of my flyfishing friends prefer this model.
I just saw a reference to that one last night. I will look into it when I get home. Thank you!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Anchor trolley, paddle keeper. Got a blackpak, rod holders, gopro, mounts/pole, the usual stuff, I guess. Me and my son are so ready to go. Baseball tournaments every effin weekend is killing me. I think in 2 weeks we will have a weekend free, I hope. Hit me up if you get one, I'm looking for fishing buddies, I am new to kayaks, this is my first.
John

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have a Cuda 12 and a Slayer 12 if you want to test them out, it will have to be before Tuesday because I leave for three weeks for work

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anchor trolley, paddle keeper. Got a blackpak, rod holders, gopro, mounts/pole, the usual stuff, I guess. Me and my son are so ready to go. Baseball tournaments every effin weekend is killing me. I think in 2 weeks we will have a weekend free, I hope. Hit me up if you get one, I'm looking for fishing buddies, I am new to kayaks, this is my first.
John
I will definitely be up for some fishing buddies. It's a matter of when, not if.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a Cuda 12 and a Slayer 12 if you want to test them out, it will have to be before Tuesday because I leave for three weeks for work
That's very nice of you. I could probably meet up with you Sunday or Monday afternoon...?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a slayer propel and it is great. You could easily fly fish out of it and I'm guessing that the paddle version of the Slayer would be even easier to fly fish from since there's no drive in the way
Did you get your Propel from PKS? Last time I was there, I think that's the only version of the Slayer he had.

Do you take it offshore a lot?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I bought my slayer 12 off this forum. I just ran a Wtb add and somebody called me the first day and sold me one. So when you decide which kayak you want you may consider running a Wtb add and see what people may have for sale

1 - 20 of 21 Posts