Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to shoreline park fished off dock, caught nothing

waded flats, caught nothing

Went over the bridge to the parking lot near Ft pickens because wind was blowing against us on the other side and not catching anything

Was setting up one rod when my rod bent over in another sand spike. Ran towards it fast as I could with shoes flying off. Get there, start realing "SNAP" damnit I forgot to set the drag. Whatever it was it was huge. Will never know

Caught some catfish, threw back

Getting ready to go, a flock of seagulls flys over. Im reeling in, and all the sudden "FISH ON".

I lift and reel, lift and reel. Then I notice a bird is diving at my line. Im like what the hell he is attacking my catch.

Then I realize, the bird is my catch. He some how got caught in my fishing line when flying by. Im like "dad I caught a bird, bring the gloves and come help me"

Dad gets over there and grabs his head while he is trying to peck his captor fiercely. Finally I get the mono off, it was wrapped at least 20 times around his wing. Im wondering how the hell this ever happened. Finally let him go and we pack up and head to portofino.

We cross the sand and go fish some of the flats there. Nothing. But wow there was a ton of minnows. Pretty big ones for those those little white suckers. Ive got no net or I would be trying to put one on a hook.

Then i see a small blue crab dragging off a piece of fish about 3x his size. I put on a glove and pounce on him. Sucker reaches around and grabs a hold of my glove. Im like ahhhhh Ive got a crab on my hand. He didnt really hurt, just kind of startled me :) He lets go and swims off.

We pack up and head home, having caught jaws ( the one that got away ), a seagull, 2 hardheads, and a crab.

Was a fun morning :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey ..at least you got out and had a good time. Fish were slow my way today also. Caught 2 slot Specks and 3 catfish. That wind was ripping today making it tough.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was funny watching that bird dive everytime I reeled in lol. Yeah I had a good time. Was slow at scenic hwy too, just got back from there. 1 catfish, 1 croaker, and I think 1 speck but he got off about 3 feet away.. Was very rough and windy, then a storm front came through and it got flat as hell. Waded out about 100 yds and still couldnt catch anything

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Well at least you had a fun Day,I hate to say It But been there done that also:banghead ,Heres James {Bullshark} doing the samething 2 weeks ago was throwing out and a Pelican ran into the line,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha and I thought it was a one a million ! :) Guess not! Boy that seagull was pissed when i was dragging him through the water! LOL!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts