Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife turned to me last night and just blurted out of the blue: "I want to catch a redfish... Out of a kayak".

I just kind of gave her a blank stare. The she said that she had never caught one. I was stunned. She grew up on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. Her sister ran a charter boat in the 90's. And she has been kayak fishing for 10 years...

It never occurred to me that she had never caught a red. I guess I've gotta fix that. :whistling:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
My wife turned to me last night and just blurted out of the blue: "I want to catch a redfish... Out of a kayak".

I just kind of gave her a blank stare. The she said that she had never caught one. I was stunned. She grew up on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. Her sister ran a charter boat in the 90's. And she has been kayak fishing for 10 years...

It never occurred to me that she had never caught a red. I guess I've gotta fix that. :whistling:
You sir, have a mission. The gauntlet has been thrown down...

·
Super Moderator
28,374 Posts
Glad she wants to do stuff like that with ya.... sounds like a keeper brother!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts

It can be done. Here's what my wife looked like with her first redfish caught from our kayak.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, now I just have figure out where to make it happen. LOL
I've caught them in the past, but I have never targeted them.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The flats between pace and Pensacola usually produce well and easy to yak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not familiar with the area. I dont fish P'cola much. Maybe twice ever and that was offshore in a boat. Is there a good put in placefor kayaking there?

I was thinking of taking her to Biloxi Bay. Her sister lives on the water in back bay. P'cola is much closer though.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts
Either way you go, I hope you can seal the deal for her!

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah that’s a good spot. Simpson river kayak launch is public. On the north west side of the road.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome info guys. Thanks alot!

I think I may make a day trip of it. Leave out before daylight, drive the 3 hours to Simpson River, fish the mid morning to early afternoon, and then head home. Maybe make a 12-14 hr trip of it. Doable! We've done the same to fish the pier and surf fish chicken bone beach before. Thanks again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah head left out of Simpson yak launch and hit the grass island to the right of the mouth. It always holds something on the down wind side.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have caught quite a few red, specks, and white trout in Fairhope around Pt. Clear. Easy places to launch, lots of docks or remnants, public pier. Good spot to target redfish in AL in mid-Oct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts