Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me an my buddies have been fishing all morning, an have caught alot of nice fice, well we decide to go to the 3mile bridge an catch a few extra fish an just chill. well we cruise on up an i swear everyone an there mother was looking at us like who the hell are these kids.... we anchor up an are catching a few small trout an people bat by an just give us the nastiest looks ive ever seen....

has noone ever seen three 18yr olds out on a boat catching fish....it was kind of disturbing, know that i can go out an find the fish i want kill an then go to a public spot an get eye'd down like im a punk who doesnt know what he's doing......

it could be just me, but i did notice this an i was seeing if any of those people are on here an would like to comment back on why they were staring us down.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Don't worry, you're not the only one that gets those stares... I guess some people think that they can have all the space they want. Whenever we pull up somewhere, and there's other boats, people must think we're aliens with the stares we get....

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm 37 and get those same looks, I'm glad to see your post now I know why it's because I still look 18.lol I think First Catch is right Some people think they own public spots. I was out in the gulf and stopped at a public reef there where 2 boats there. It was a big reef a guy on one of the boats was staring at us he put his bottom fishing pole in the rod holder got a spinning reel out of the rocket launcher and casted a plug at us, then he commences to yelling and cussing at us about getting in his casting lane. We we're well out of his casting distance we stayed for about 15 min enough time to catch 2 keeper Snapper watch the guy get really pissed then we left laughing at him. so that's how you deal with Buttheads like that just show 'em your a better fisherman.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Why do you think it was your age that provoked the looks? Isometime offer a few direct scowls, and sometime put a few well chosen words to go along with them, depending upon the circumstances of course. How close were you when you anchored, how close did you run by looking for your spot, or how much wake? A lot of inconsideration will evoke another fisherman - but then there are a lot of idiots on the water also.

A couple of weeks ago Lane and I were fishing the ICW over in Port St. Joe, we were anchored down apx 50 - 60 yards from the bank and my friend was anchored down (parallel with my boat) a short distance down current. Lo and behold here comes this igut in a aluminum basstracker and just motors right in between us and the bank. It was obvious with direction we were fishing as we were all standing faceing that direction with poles in hand. I started with the dirty looks when he started to pull in, and then let him know that I thought what he was doing was very rude and that we were fishing in that area. His reply, "well, we're gonna fish it too".:banghead I said, "Ok but, I just wanted to let you know in case you get hit, we don't mean to."Right thenLane let go with a well placed cast that would have taken the trophy in any competition - landed 1 foot off the stern where his lady was sitting. Talk about getting someone in gear, this lady let out a shriek "that thing almost hit me -I don't want to stay here. You move this boat and right now!" Needless to say he moved the boat.

Not saying that was the situation in your case, but need to be aware. Also, just like posting online - sometimes things are unintentionally misconstrued. A long inquiring look by one may be mistaken as a begrudging stare by another. Evalulate the situation and if you're not encrouching, say Hey and offer a friendly wave, chances are you'll get the same in return and maybe a "Catching anything?"

Good fishing...see you on the water.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Those were Florida fans that couldn't believe someone was still proud to be wearing FSU gear.:poke

.....I should talk right?

Go Jackets

·
Registered
147 Posts
"Right thenLane let go with a well placed cast that would have taken the trophy in any competition - landed 1 foot off the stern where his lady was sitting. Talk about getting someone in gear, this lady let out a shriek "that thing almost hit me

Agreed they were wrong, but intentionally targeting his lady is pathetic!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Perhaps you read more into it than was really there. I always watch a boat pretty closely when they move up to where we are anchored, sometimes with one finger on the horn button. I am sure that others here have had that close call while the new boat is trying to anchor or the captian is looking at the depth finder and not paying that much attention to where his boat is going. I saw a large, about 35 foot boat, back into a smaller boat while the captain was worring about getting an anchor set. Also, sometimes the new guy doesn't get a good anchor set and when they start fishing they don't realize the boat is moving. It never hurts to keep a close eye on the newcomer until they settle in at anchor.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
some have really good comment other not so helpful....... oh an on the day me an my buddies saved four black men stranded on a piling at garson...... we got a kick out of it an took pictures of the stranded boat, then the men.... then we waved an had some laughs an then went an got there boat....

so those who were starring were staring at a few heros not even knowing it hahahahahaha.....

yea um three mile sucked anyway...not to worried bout the local public spot........imma stick to my own an let them eat up all the white trout.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
taosx (12/2/2007)
"Right thenLane let go with a well placed cast that would have taken the trophy in any competition - landed 1 foot off the stern where his lady was sitting. Talk about getting someone in gear, this lady let out a shriek "that thing almost hit me
Agreed they were wrong, but intentionally targeting his lady is pathetic!
Was that you that pulled in on them?

For one thing I don't blame them for chunking lead at some inconsiderate idiot., and second, I know fishnLane and if she wanted to put the lead in the boat, it would have hit the boat, or their bait bucket if she was aiming for it.

I guarantee that if some one comes on my spot where I'm casting, they are just taking their chances - If they were on a spot fishing I would pass it by. It's just common courtesy. Be nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Be a shithead, and you'll get treated like one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think they would have died hahaha, that was insane we look over.. whoa dude there waving.....toss out an retrieve.... um there still waving an there boat seems to be 1/2 a mile away from them.... is anyone on that boat.....oh shit dude there waving at us huh..... hahahahahaha we need the photos hahaha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts