Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,927 Posts
Look everyone....lets move to the opposite side of the boat!!! That's a BIG OLE TUNA right there!!!! Dern that sucker would fetch enough $$$ to buy 2 of them boats!!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
realspeed (12/9/2009)ok I always hear people say stuff like that tuna is worth alot of $$$$, TO WHO??? just curious
Commercial Bluefin fishermen like in North Carolina now during the winters... bigtuna = good paycheck. Iced, packaged,put on plane to Japan, sold via auction atmarket (something like that.. soI'm told...I never done itmyself..YET! lol =D)

Those guys in that boat don't look like tuna fishermen, they look like newbies, lol

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Got Wasabi? :hungry

·
Registered
148 Posts
A friend of mine was on a boat that caught a hugh bluefin last summer in a tournament out of Mississippi. It was 822 pounds--by far the largest caught in the tourney.From what he told me, there was a broker on site to look at the fish, which was supposed to be worth between50 - 75 grand. They were going to fly it to Japan for the fish market there.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
C-monsters (12/9/2009)A friend of mine was on a boat that caught a hugh bluefin last summer in a tournament out of Mississippi. It was 822 pounds--by far the largest caught in the tourney.From what he told me, there was a broker on site to look at the fish, which was supposed to be worth between50 - 75 grand. They were going to fly it to Japan for the fish market there.
50-75K wholesale price is unlikely, evenin tip top shape; bled, iced properly with a high fat content.

I fished off of N.C. for bluefin a few years ago. The locals I talked to said that depending on condition they could make anywhere from 6-35 bucks a pound. These prices most likely aren't much different here and the fact that bluefin are less common means that regional crews most likely do not have the same experience in bleeding and dressing a big bluefin in order to fetch top dollar. I do not have any doubt however that the fish may be worth that at the fish market.

I talked to J.D. shortly after they weighed the big bluefin and he was devastated that they weren't able to keep it.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
a good Bluefin will bring that kind of money......do a search and youll see several that have brought 100k+..........

still at 40-45 bucks a pound,thats nothing to turn down

1 - 20 of 30 Posts