Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shipped 2 Reels back to the Manufacturer last week and called to confirm delivery this morning. They got there. But, after the phone call I thought why do I have to pay insurance to UPS to ship for me? Isn't that what they do? The whole idea doesn't make any since. That would be like going to a restuarant and having to buy insurance to cover you if they make you sick. It would be like taking your car to have it serviced and being asked to buy insurance in case the mechanic doesn't do it right. Come On.

Why should anyone have buy insurance, when paying a company to do what they are expected to do in performing what you are paying them for?????

I paid $26.00 for insurance on top of the shipping cost, and now I'm pissed. I bet I can get it back....

·
Praedator
9,975 Posts
It's just one of those things that was sold to the public as needed and that's the way it is now. But I agree with you. Shipping insurance is retarded. Just another way to make money. The shipping companies basically realized that they could capitalize on peoples fear of things being broken or lost in the mail.

Jon

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
And if you want a REAL treat of an experience, try filing a claim on a parcel that you shipped (insured) through the USPS.

·
Registered
408 Posts
UPS insures packages up to $50 as part of the shipping fee. Anything more costs. Also, there is a very long list of things that are not covered.

For a real challenge try collecting on a claim.

Good luck on getting a refund.

BTW, I never met a UPS driver that I did not like, but have met very, very few UPS management people that I did.

Once again, good luck.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Chris is fix'n to implement a new policy where he can't guarntee that every post you make will make it on the forum. However, for an insurance premium of 50 cents a post, he will guarntee it will be posted on the appropiate thread.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Garbo (10/17/2007) It would be like taking your car to have it serviced and being asked to buy insurance in case the mechanic doesn't do it right. Come On.

Why should anyone have buy insurance, when paying a company to do what they are expected to do in performing what you are paying them for?????

I paid $26.00 for insurance on top of the shipping cost, and now I'm pissed. I bet I can get it back....
I agree, in part, with your post, but would like to point out something. Indirectly you are paying for insurance to your car and boat mechanic. At least the reputable ones. I have Business Liabilty Insurance which covers you if I do something wrong. Who do you think pays for that insurance? I do, the business owner, but you pay me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts