Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this thread is old but I want to add my 2 cents.
I am a tourist when I come to Florida. I know how to fish, I have been since a little kid but of course saltwater fishing is not my specialty. When I go to Florida piers, I notice often all the regulars fishing at the end of the pier. I don't care I am not after the monster fish, just here to have a good time, so I fish half way down.
Last time I fished from a pier was in St-Pete, there was a Hispanic guy next to me that was catching quite a few pompanos and ladyfish with a pompano jig which I didn't know about. I went to the pier tackle store, bought 2 and he was kind enough to show me how to work the jig. I managed to hook something but it broke my line and took off.
There are nice people too.

Pat

·
Bearded Brotula
11,721 Posts
I'm glad this got dredged up. 2020 will not be complete until John B owns a .40 S&W. This will come after the locusts.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
It use to be only two rods per person. Tell that to the people fishing for hard tails. They have 5-6 rods lining the rail. I just go and have a good time. I saw a guy cut a guys line and that dude that cut his line got his butt kicked.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Surely y'all didn't just read a 12 year old thread drug up by someone with a total of 2 posts.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
It was last active just a mere 11 months ago and this is 2020, riots in the big city and riots on the piers, sounds fun LOL!

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
It was last active just a mere 11 months ago and this is 2020, riots in the big city and riots on the piers, sounds fun LOL!
Discussion Starter • #1 May 11, 2008

But I will say, riots on the piers sounds pretty interesting.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts