Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I'm at the pier, there are rods leaningalong the rail....That really doesn't bother me till I decide to fish there, then someone(pier regular)comes and tells me thats there spot....of coarse that doesn't work (how can it be your spot when I'm standing there?)

What really pisses me off the most.....in the heat of battle with a nice fish(cobe,king)these rods don't move by there owners, sometimes the one in battle has to try and step over them when fighting the fish,or are moved by other good people,helping in the task of landing a fish.

I will lean my rod along the rail, but I will be standing by it, I have watched for a few minutes before I go and fish a spot with a rod leaning... just incase someone went to there cooler for something to drink or bait(what ever)

It seems the whole end is this way.I keep my rods in the holder of the pier cart when not in use....When a fish is seen those spots fill up quick and your rod doesn't save a thing!!!

Don't ask me to move!!! stay in your spot if you want it....or just move down alittle

if you would not like to deal with any of this fighting a fish, then don't do it yourself, and if rods along the rail save a spot..... I will bring all of mine and have to whole end to myself.....atleast the east side around the corner( I would look like the guy on the tvcommercial fishing for everything)

I'm not trying to start a big thread here, or pissing match.....just have some common courtesy with your fellow angler(googan too!!!!ME)...I will be the one with the zebco 33, or snoopy rod...:doh

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'">I for one, could not agree more. Very well said! :clap

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Why all the rods? Because you have to be prepared on the pier..I keep my ling rod and pompano rod close and the rest in my cart or on the rail on west side...

·
Super Moderator
12,720 Posts
i normally have my main rod (in the spring, cobia rod, and in the summer, king rod) with me for my target species, and then 1 other rod, for whatever other species may pop up(pomp rod, king rod, tarpon rod) ... i always have 2 rods with me, within grabbing distance....

if i walk away and expect to be gone for more than a minute or two, i'll set them on the back rail... and normally if someone walks off for more than 5 minutes, i just move their stuff to the back rail, it's not courteous(and pretty stupid if it's ling season and you leave your rod!)

there is a buttload of clutter out there though, i don't mind steppeng over rods, but i hate stepping over coolers and walking around pier carts!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%"><DIV id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl7_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer style="DISPLAY: inline" onclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl7_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl7_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'3656\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'3656\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'3656\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" onmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl7_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl7_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'3656\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'3656\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'3656\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">Dylan</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>you must not have read my post....I too have alot of rods rigged for various fish(in my cart close by... west side) I was talking about the ones saving spots on the east side of the pier!!!!

I guess the unwritten rule made by the pier regulars....that was just posted above<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%"><DIV id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer onmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'944\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'944\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'944\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" style="DISPLAY: inline" onclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl5_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'944\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'944\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'944\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">Freespool</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>.....well my unwritten rule is.... if your not standing there it ain't your spot, don't ask me to move....especially tomarrow!!!!:boo......I won't be in a very good mood driving all night....:moon

·
Super Moderator
12,720 Posts
you really won't be in a good mood when you arrive to north winds and muddy water..... better just leave in the morning.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VS200B (5/11/2008)you really won't be in a good mood when you arrive to north winds and muddy water..... better just leave in the morning.
Well if your right....I'll just hang around the pool and get some sleep.....I'm not trying to start any crap!!!!I am very respectful of others at the pier and have never had a problem when I'm there.....catching fish is just a plus to my vacation, I love the pier atmosphere(good or bad) it is very relaxing to me....just looking out in the ocean.Taking fish home, just is a plus....some years I've had a cooler full others only a baggy full.

I really like the people!!!! locals or not......fellow fisher people(to staygenderly correct)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Sorry about misreading Ironman...Ill save ya a spot next to me and we can catch fish together..Maybe even have a beer

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
man that pier sounds like a nut house. $4 a gallon for fuel is bad but damn, at least it isnt war out there when you want to have fun.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Just a word of advice, keep an eye on your rods on the back rail, in your cart, etc. Some little thievin' [email protected]@rd ripped off a nice 7' spanish rod from me while I was down there a few weeks ago.From what Iwas told, there were 4 rods stolen that week. 99.9% of the people that frequent the pier are great people but there's at least 1 out there that can't be trusted. I had a great time, saw alot of old friends and met alot of new ones,and caught my share of fish too. Just keep your eyes open.

I can hardly wait til next time.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
To sum it up in three words....LACK OF CONSIDERATION.:banghead:banghead:banghead

Be glad you don't have the fishing rules that they have in Colorado......2 rods maximum, and that extra rod cost an additional $5.00 a year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pier fishing used to be fun and enjoyable, I usually bring 3 rods out 1 rigged for cig minnow for king or ? (or live bait) one purely for catching bait and one as a backup (those 2 sitting on the island rack). This pier is not owned by the few but paid by those who pay to come on (all experience levels). What urks me is when your fishing lets say for king with a live minnow and have some kid just out of diapers run into you throwing his line over your face and bumping into you and then his friends doing the same....oops cobia. darn. I try to get my 1 line out as fast as I can but that does not excuse inmaturity and rudeness. Yes there is a fish coming, yes I may have been in that spot, yes I can move but who do they think they are that they can run into others like they don't belong there or worse yet curse at them or cut their line. I had one guy old enough to know better use his cigarette to burn the line and say oops my line should not have been "out" there, like I was stupid.

Bottom line, you have people from all over the US coming down here to Pensacola to enjoy the sun and try out the pier and walk away with a feel for "hey they have some nice people down there", not ....$()&*#$(^[email protected]# I'll never go down there again,...those punks were lucky I didn't $)($*#$+.. I love fishing and most of the fishing folks are great and would give you the shirt off their backs, but some of the kids that should still be in school or just out of school should take their step stools back and a few dozen rods back and think about others and when a cobia comes around ...fine go for it but watch others.....it's their pier also....you do not own the right to knock them out of the way period.jak CATCH FISH, ENJOY LIFE, TREAT OTHERS RIGHT, IF YOU CAN'T STAY HOME.

·
Super Moderator
12,720 Posts
Tuna Man (5/13/2008)To sum it up in three words....LACK OF CONSIDERATION.:banghead:banghead:banghead

yep, i bet you do alot of pier fishing up in Calera ALABAMA

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
VS200B (5/13/2008)
Tuna Man (5/13/2008)To sum it up in three words....LACK OF CONSIDERATION.:banghead:banghead:banghead

yep, i bet you do alot of pier fishing up in Calera ALABAMA
No but I've done quite a bit there in PNS before I got on this forum, during my 28 years in Miami, and 4 years in Brunswick, GA. And during those times I didn't have any problems either.:moon

So I know I have more time pier fishing then you do.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts