Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seacock for my aerorater is frozen up and I need to replace it. As I understand it, it must be bronze if used in salt water. Brass (like they sell in Home Depot and Lowes) cannot be used.

I know that West sells them, however, I don't want to pay the super premium price to buy a "gold one" there. Any place local that I can buy one?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Goto west marine, find the sea cock you want. Pull up amazon and barcode search it and they will price match it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
i have a pretty large seacock but it maybe be too big for you to use.

jack

·
Super Moderator
28,374 Posts
i have a pretty large seacock but it maybe be too big for you to use.

jack

I knew ya wouldn't disappoint this thread!!! hahaha

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Ok...to bring it back up above 4th grade level for just a second...:rolleyes: apart from the difference between the durability of brass and bronze when it comes to thu-hull fittings it is also critical that you don't try to mix and match fittings. The brass fittings that you get from Lowe's, Home Depot, etc have square pipe threads whereas the bronze sea cocks and fittings that you get from marine suppliers have tapered threads. The two don't match up and can only be threaded together for a couple of turns making for a very weak connection.

·
Premium Member
9,599 Posts
Reactions: jack2

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bail Out: I believe I read that West will not price match from the Internet any more.

OK, so few constructive suggestions and no local alternative sources. I thought I could get some help here.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Broke down and bought the seacock and fittings at West because I wanted to get the repair made sooner than later. I paid about 75% more at West than I could have gotten it for on the Internet.

I asked them about matching prices and they said that they would match other stores within 50 miles and Amazon. The catch with Amazon is that it can only be Amazon. If the product is offered for sale by another business on the Amazon web site it doesn't count as Amazon. Of course, what I needed was sold on the Amazon web site by another business.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts