Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of threads recently mentioning people getting bit by wahoo. They sure have sharp teeth so I get it, but I was watching this video thinking, thesegues were asking to loose some material part of their anatomy.

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
I was wondering how many times was going to willingly place that scissor mouth right on his crotch. I know Blair us an experienced angler but there was some serious lack of common sense going on there

·
Registered
245 Posts
Blair is and always has been lacking in reality!

I have probably watched every TV show this guy has ever made and he is not "Top Shelf" as a host!! Don't know why they keep him!!
Just my opinion!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Jeez; hope no one sees and repeats that type behavior. They're about 1.2 seconds away from having to make a fast trip in for a hospital visit.

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
My formula is gaff, billy stick and straight into the cooler unless a pic is taken. A couple smart raps to the head will make any Wahoo docile and easy to handle.

·
OSOK
4,167 Posts
My formula is gaff, billy stick and straight into the cooler unless a pic is taken. A couple smart raps to the head will make any Wahoo docile and easy to handle.
Yep I beat the piss out of any fish that may cause damage (to boat or person) as soon as it hits the deck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yep I beat the piss out of any fish that may cause damage (to boat or person) as soon as it hits the deck.
I can definitely say the same. Sometimes those wahoo get REALLY excited even after a decent fight, so a good beating to the head works nicely.
On a side note regarding the video, I like how he has to ask what kind of fish he just hooked once it comes near the surface... and then they called it wrong haha! I have done it too, but im not a professional, and i dont fish for a living lol. But a wahoo figh is pretty specific.... especially when they shake that head!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts