Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Yamaha 200xb has the dreaded exhaust corrosion. It corroded a small hole in the exhaust manifold. Im in baldwin county but will take it wherever. Just want it fixed right. Who should i take it to?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Got a opening but my shop is in pace if interested 850-602-1434 thank Kris mccormick marine services

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dropped it off at Barbers today. Thanks for the replies. Ive used Kenny in the past and was very pleased. The guy I talked to today, Mike was very knowledgeable and even offered to call yamaha to try to get the parts covered. Said he hasnt seen this happen on these motors.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Dropped it off at Barbers today. Thanks for the replies. Ive used Kenny in the past and was very pleased. The guy I talked to today, Mike was very knowledgeable and even offered to call yamaha to try to get the parts covered. Said he hasnt seen this happen on these motors.
I’m not sure about the 200’s but my 2016 150 had the mid section replaced last year due to corrosion.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Just fyi. I charge $1900 for that job and usually have it back within 3 days of drop off

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Has Yamaha fixed this yet I have been hearing this for way to many years what gives?
I have seen corrosion in many different horsepower and years I’m not sure how one motor will have it and others don’t

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I have seen corrosion in many different horsepower and years I’m not sure how one motor will have it and others don’t

I have read and seen so much of this especially with Yamaha big deal on the 2000's 225 and 250. I never really hear about this problem with other manufactures.Do you see it with others or is this mainly a Yamaha flaw?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I have read and seen so much of this especially with Yamaha big deal on the 2000's 225 and 250. I never really hear about this problem with other manufactures.Do you see it with others or is this mainly a Yamaha flaw?
It’s not a Yamaha flaw it’s a casting flaw I believe Yamaha has two different plants manufacturing there parts and one is using less quality materials than the other I have not been able to figure out how to determine which motor comes from one or the other

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
It’s not a Yamaha flaw it’s a casting flaw I believe Yamaha has two different plants manufacturing there parts and one is using less quality materials than the other I have not been able to figure out how to determine which motor comes from one or the other

Not trying to seem like a ass.Asking because you are in the industry.Do other manufactures have these problems or is a quality control problem that is specific to them?(Yamaha) I have a older Yamaha+ Mercury's and OMC stuff I need to repower a boat with Twins I want 200 hps what do you recommend?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Not trying to seem like a ass.Asking because you are in the industry.Do other manufactures have these problems or is a quality control problem that is specific to them?(Yamaha) I have a older Yamaha+ Mercury's and OMC stuff I need to repower a boat with Twins I want 200 hps what do you recommend?
Yes I own mccormick marine services her in pace if you wanna talk about it you can give me a call at 850-602-1434 thanks Kris mccormick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts