Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
PFF Official Referee
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way back to my truck I saw a light...I thought it was Johnny Law Dog trying to check me as I was coming out... I use a green flashlight in and out... I get to the truck...nothing... I pulled out the big light and shined it all around...nothing... Start taking my gear off and I saw the light back off in the tree line...moving... I mean hauling ass....then it turned off in the creek bottom...then back on....stationary...I start pulling off and the light starts moving again.... Pistol will be on the hip tomorrow eve....stay tuned....

Sent from the treestand

·
Registered
848 Posts
Jeepers creepers? Seriously though, I would definantly start packing some heat. Do you know if he was trying to get in your truck?

·
PFF Official Referee
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno...creepy as shit though...kinda like Friday the 13th...

Sent from the treestand

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I had some teenagers goofing off around my truck during archery. They hid as I came out. Nothing was missing and they didn't mess with me, but it still put a pit in my stomach. A few years back I had a buddy in bw changing his clothes and some creepy dude sneak up on him and get within a few feet. There was an exchange of words and the weirdo left. The oddest thing was there was no vehicle around for this guy. Some people are begging to get shot.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Good grief! This is my biggest fear coming out of the woods. I don't want to have to deal with crap like that.

·
Super Moderator
13,339 Posts
Good grief! This is my biggest fear coming out of the woods. I don't want to have to deal with crap like that.
Me too... I hate walking in the woods in the dark.

Sent from my LG G2X using Forum Runner

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I have my rifle and my sidearm and a backup rifle and side arm close by with my dad lol

I've never walked up on anyone on the way out or anything but have heard stuff all around me moving on the way out. Makes you a little on edge but then again I ain't the type to run away if I did. I would put some distance between us but also not lose site of them if I could until I figured out what was up.

Weird story Espo. I'd make sure to be on the look out for them again if you go back.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Ok - please don't any body jump my case or take this the wrong way. I see some of you guys are very frequent in BW, and from the posts it appears like finding a deer to shoot is just the first problem y'all have. If you enjoy it this much why not join a club? I have been in three clubs in the last 25 years and all in all it has been a good experience. Almost any club will offer you a degree of privacy and safety plus a better management plan and a better chance at a deer. Seems like the safety aspect alone would be worth a lot! I know the main drawback to a club is usually price but - at least to me, it's always been worth it. We have a great group in our club this year. 19 members, about 14 of them regulars, 5600 acres all close by in escambia cnty florida. So far, 13 seven pt or better on the ground along with about 10 does. It's freakin great!!!
It also cost a freakin fortune!! But man is it nice when the money is paid and the season gets here!! Hey I just care about my forum buddies and I know when the crap starts in BW y'all are all thinking about it. But keep the club idea in mind... I may just have an opening come march!

·
Registered
8,750 Posts
That would have freaked me the heck out.

Here is a thread on weird things, and people, that people have come across out in the middle of nowhere. Read it if you are stuck in a tree stand waiting.
http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showt...l-Items-you-ve-come-across-abandoned-on-trail
I started reading that thread and finally stopped at page 15. I will go back and read all 45 pages eventually. Really interesting read. Amazing what some people have found.
I've found old graves out in the woods, some from the civil war. Also, once found an old busted up still in a cave while hiking in Kentucky.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Some people just enjoy hunting even if they don't get to kill a deer. Also any decent club around here cost a grand or better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hunted Black Water for years. I finally gave it up when I had an A$$ in a truck using his scope to look at me in a stand. Dude was driving thru the woods on a fire break at that. Never saw the John Law more than once in a season. There are alot of good people that hunt BW, but it got out of control for me. Also had friends get nails put behind their trucks tires. I've been in only 2 Clubs since 99, and have enjoyed it besides a little drama.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts