Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
eating tasty
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random thought for today-

Who remembers when watermelons from the store were shaped like like the giant propane cylinders and not like overgrown basketballs? I miss the old watermelons with seeds.

Feel free to add your random who remembers thought about weird things that have changed.

·
Premium Member
9,599 Posts
Wife just threw one away this afternoon that was round. Cut it open and it was mushy instead of crisp.

I miss those watermelons too.

·
Super Moderator
12,715 Posts
I remember when $20 seemed like a lot of money... it was a full tank of gas in high school.

And yeah. Seedless watermelon suck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Watermelons were how most southern girls learned how to spit, not swallow. Just speaking for the ones I dated.

·
Registered
763 Posts
When you could have dinner with your family and not have to hear about what so and so posted on Facebook.

Wind up camera days when people only took pictures of things actually camera worthy because you only had 20 shots.

When kids could fish golf course ponds without getting ran off by deputy dog because it's a liability issue!

·
Premium Member
9,599 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Man they're selling those big oval melons up here off a trailer on every dang street corner.

Reactions: Ultralite

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Cutting coupons from Mom's magazines and taking them up to the grocery store for cash. $2 was a fortune back then.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Picking up the phone and hearing the neighbors down the road were already on the party line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts