Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
kingling (2/11/2010)
yo usir need to go back and take your basic math again!!! 40,000 jigs a year means he has to tie atleast 110 a day all year...so unless your days are shorter than everyone elses tying one every 30 sec makes a whole lot more than 40,000 a year

i dont want to start a pissing match here but if you have never tied jigs before then 110 dosent sound like very many but until you sit down and tie them you wont understand, you guys say that he does this all afterschool and curtis [being the responsable person he comes off as] wouldnt let conner do jigs before homework. yall said he is thirteen so he is in middle school. that means probly an hour of homework [thats how it was for me usally] he gets home at say 3 in the afternoon, he chills out from a day at school for an hour, then does homework, by now it is 5 pm,[an hour of chilling and an hour of homework]he eats dinner so it is6 pm, and lets say his bed time is 10 pm. so he has 4 hours to tie 110 lures. like i said ealier if you havent tied jigs then 110 doesnt seem like very many but trust me it cant be done in 4 hours. not to mention the fact that you get sick of doing it after an hour ortwo and eventually you dont even want to do it anymore. so logically no i dont think i need to redo my math.

guess weekends dont count huh?

·
Registered
848 Posts
trust me if he is having to tie 110 in 4 hours everynight like you seem to think, the last thing on his mind on the weekend is gunna be tying more lures...he would probly want to take up drinking as a hobbie

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
kingling (2/11/2010)
yo usir need to go back and take your basic math again!!! 40,000 jigs a year means he has to tie atleast 110 a day all year...so unless your days are shorter than everyone elses tying one every 30 sec makes a whole lot more than 40,000 a year
i dont want to start a pissing match here but if you have never tied jigs before then 110 dosent sound like very many but until you sit down and tie them you wont understand, you guys say that he does this all afterschool and curtis [being the responsable person he comes off as] wouldnt let conner do jigs before homework. yall said he is thirteen so he is in middle school. that means probly an hour of homework [thats how it was for me usally] he gets home at say 3 in the afternoon, he chills out from a day at school for an hour, then does homework, by now it is 5 pm,[an hour of chilling and an hour of homework]he eats dinner so it is6 pm, and lets say his bed time is 10 pm. so he has 4 hours to tie 110 lures. like i said ealier if you havent tied jigs then 110 doesnt seem like very many but trust me it cant be done in 4 hours. not to mention the fact that you get sick of doing it after an hour ortwo and eventually you dont even want to do it anymore. so logically no i dont think i need to redo my math.
:sleeping:sleeping:sleeping

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
kingling (2/11/2010)trust me if he is having to tie 110 in 4 hours everynight like you seem to think, the last thing on his mind on the weekend is gunna be tying more lures...he would probly want to take up drinking as a hobbie

seems like a little jealousy there...remember the more you pump out the more money you make...if i could turn out a product like him i would work every second i could to get out as many as i could so i can make as much money as i can...then when you have enough made that when one of your distributors is starting to run low then all you have to do is ship him some that are already made, hmmmm need math and econ class again

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I can assure you Ben is not jealous he was just sharing his opinion as a jig maker..

The first is a DingALing made by the man..

The 2 that look alike are one of my favorite jigs made...Got them from Clinton

The football head is one Ben made..It use to be a brown color on the head with a orange dot on back and owner hook..It caught the first Pompano of the year of Pensacola Pier..

Dont have a coon dog because the boneheads ate them all while pomp fishing..

As for Spanish and boneheads there is only one jig to use ever but that is another topic..

Sorry for the crappy picture

If you want some you could PM any of the guys who make them..Hot Spots has the best selection of all around jigs and GB has the best selection of Coon Dogs

·
Registered
848 Posts
im not jelous at all, i just dont think it is at all possible to tie 110 jigs in 4 hours and before you ask yes i do tie jigs, and quite a few at that

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
kingling (2/11/2010)im not jelous at all, i just dont think it is at all possible to tie 110 jigs in 4 hours and before you ask yes i do tie jigs, and quite a few at that

then why are you busting connors nuts about how many you think he can tie?? have you seen him tie them? do you know what he is/isnt capable of doing?? until you can anwser yes to any of these then dont say what he can or cant do!

·
Registered
848 Posts
then why are you busting connors nuts about how many you think he can tie?? have you seen him tie them? do you know what he is/isnt capable of doing?? until you can anwser yes to any of these then dont say what he can or cant do!
i dont need to see him tie them, i know from watching people that have tied them for 20 plus years that you cant tie that many in that amount of time...now lets turn this around how jigs have you wrapped in your lifetime mr. fisheye? i would betthat you wouldnt know were to start ifi handed you a vise,bobbin, thread,nylon, and jig head and say you have 4 hours to do 110 of these, it isnt as easy as it sounds until you sit down and do it

·
Registered
848 Posts
and i do respect connor, his lures look good and as a fellow jig maker i understand all the steps and processes and the time it takes to do it, but im sure he is the same way i am, i dont want people going aroundtelling peoplehow many lures i can can make and how fast i can do them...people do that and it puts you on a pedestalthat you know you do not reach. and it puts you out as better than what you are

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
kingling (2/11/2010)

i dont need to see him tie them, i know from watching people that have tied them for 20 plus years that you cant tie that many in that amount of time...now lets turn this around how jigs have you wrapped in your lifetime mr. fisheye? i would betthat you wouldnt know were to start ifi handed you a vise,bobbin, thread,nylon, and jig head and say you have 4 hours to do 110 of these, it isnt as easy as it sounds until you sit down and do it

i never said i could do better or that there was no way he could tie it...your the one who popped off about he would have to tie one every 30 seconds, and there is no way he can do 110 a day...you could know the best jig person around...but everyone works differantly...so before you going running your mouth about someone you know nothing about know a few things about them first...have proof to back your statements up

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
He does know what hes talking about..Fisheye you are an idiot for trying to punk out a kid..Get a clue keyboard cowboy..I think its awesome that these young guys are producing such high quality jigs..The pomps better watch out as they get older

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Dylan (2/11/2010)All great jigs...Why dont yall post pictures of your favorite ones? Ill take a few after dinner..So who makes the best ling jigs? I think I will throw a DingALing and Big Bend(usually throw that anyway) this year..Hopefully the legend will weigh in his opinion..I think most of you know who Im talking about..I dont think this thread is about who makes "the best" but what YOUR favorite is..

No Dylan, I'm pretty sure I made this thread to find out who makes the best jigs.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Dylan (2/11/2010)He does know what hes talking about..Fisheye you are an idiot for trying to punk out a kid..Get a clue keyboard cowboy

im not "punking" anyone out...just pointing out facts...once again how are you gonna say what someone can or cant do if you have never met them...just becasue he ties jigs to doesnt mean he knows how everyone works

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
There is no "best jig" its your favorite or the one you have must confidence in...There cant be a best because everyone has a diff opinion..If you wanted to know the opinions of best jigs you should of done a poll

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Dylan (2/11/2010)There is no "best jig" its your favorite or the one you have must confidence in...There cant be a best because everyone has a diff opinion..If you wanted to know the opinions of best jigs you should of done a poll

There is a best in everything son. I don't really give two shits about your opinion. If I wanted to do a poll I would have. How's that jeep doing? Ever get it out of impound?

·
Registered
848 Posts
There is a best in everything son. I don't really give two shits about your opinion. If I wanted to do a poll I would have. How's that jeep doing? Ever get it out of impound?
what does this have to to do with dylans vehicle? you did say this thread was about the best jig

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Well there it is again,another train wreck of a tread! Personally I'm not much of a pompano fisherman(can't seem to make it past the bar on the beach)and have only caught them purely by accident but I do know a thing or 2 about lures. I own several Connor pompano jigs,WillieJoe Cobia jigs,some made by the Legend Frank Helton,the "Man" as Dylan put it and 1 made by Smart Dave(I miss that kid)and they are all well thought out. I've only seen Bens jigs here on the forum but they do look good but if ya can't throw one or present it to a fish in order to provoke a strike it doesn't matter who made it,what it looks like or crap like that. Presentation is everything no matter what your fishing for.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Dang Googan Dan..Whats gotten into you? Store must of been out of Landshark:letsdrink...You would have been a great pirate..And that was the man I was talking about..

41 - 60 of 89 Posts