Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Marshall Pritchard - Panama City Beach.

His jigs are Flawless. What he gets for them, prove their value. Simply Artwork.

·
stonecoldshooter
1,757 Posts
Smelled this thread coming from a mile away. Think I was upwind too. Lol.

Don't know who ties 'em, but the jigs by the register @ gbbt. To be exact, the medium weighted with owner hooks and pink or yellow skirts.

I have to say 3 yrs ago I became real picky about jig quality. I wiggle the hook, check the wrap, scrutinize the paint job, am I gonna hafta poke the paint out of the eye and comprimise the paint job. Hell if it had tires I'd kick 'em.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
SaltAddict, that sounds like one of Conner's jigs. I don't like to say anything is "THE" best but I do know a lot of pompano have surrendered their lives to me while using them.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
There are lots of good jigs out there, I guess it just depends on your preference. I like the Connors jigs. I like that there are so many different styles and colors. I can pick different jigs for different fish or conditions. They look great and have great hooks. They look different than your standard plan jane jigs.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
The younger guys like Connor, Ben, Jace and Clinton all have awesome jigs that I would fish any day of the week..Coondog has been making jigs forever and I love his pink with the like pink head and owner hook..

·
Super Moderator
19,819 Posts
I like Connors Jigs, beautiful jigs tied by a 13 year old. I have 100 of them and wouldnt trade any of them for any other jig in the area.

·
Registered
775 Posts
MINE!! haha jk i dont make them worth sh$t...but coon dog jigs have never failed me!

but conners are good also...they have more character and deatail! just depneds on the fish

·
Registered
386 Posts
connor makes a pretty jig thats for sure. but in my own opinion a jig is a jig is a jig. there all a painted piece of lead with hair on em. i have seen fish caught on some ugly ass jig but we all prefer to use nice ones i jus dont think the fish care. when i make jigs i make em more for the fishermen than the fish.

Dylan (2/10/2010)The younger guys like Connor, Ben, Jace and Clinton all have awesome jigs that I would fish any day of the week..Coondog has been making jigs forever and I love his pink with the like pink head and owner hook..
haha my jigs look like crap compared to the others on that list dylan but thanks for sayin they are good.

·
Registered
848 Posts
it really doesnt matter,

i like jigs with a white head, pink nylon or bucktail [bucktail works awesome!] and an owner hook!

as for who makes the best...i like cousin clinton's, derrick wahl's, and jeremy's

i do however hate lures that have any kind of silver hook in them, i have seen so many fish choked with them

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
Iuse them all personally, to say that one is better than the other is a bit ignorant IMHO (no offense anybody) but they really are just a painted piece of lead with some crimped nylon tied to it. Hell, one of the biggest pompano i've seen caught off the pier (close to 5lbs) ate a fairwaters jig with a 3" gulp shrimp on it.

the reason why we (atleast me anyways) fish is to trick a fish into eating something that's not natural. IMHO presentation of a jig is much more important than what you're actually using... i mean, people have caught redfish on Jalapenos, kings on pickles, hell, one forum members father caught a white marlin on a hotdog.

my point is, you dont have to have something that is "the best" to make it look good in the water.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I don't disagree with you at all John.

I have the tendency to think that due to on a good pompano bite that there are normally a huge number of people throwing jigs, sometimes shoulder to shoulder and 100 anglers down the east side of the pier. With that many jigs being sent to the bottom, I want mine to be different than all the rest, and definately different than the 10 on each side of me. Color, shape, size, length, flash, no flash anything that would seperate mine from the other 100 or more jigs bouncing on the bottom.

I love the feel of the first 2 seconds of sticking a good size pompano. Dang.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts