Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the weather looks a little sporty tomorrow morning and I thought we might hash out an idea already started in these other threads.

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f49/trolling-navarre-pier-pcb-pier-420778/index2/#post3542426

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f49/3-mile-bridge-fishing-423506/

The surf forecasts are calling for high 4’ to 5’ surf so let’s forget about the beach and think about either the ICW or the Bay.

The storm track shows the business heading east so I think we will probably avoid any rain.
Should be sunny and warm here in town.

The wind is projected to be hovering between 12 to 22 mph from the NE.

If we launch from GB by 3MB we can fight the wind heading out to hit the bridge spots and Butcherpen Cove then have the wind on our backs heading in or hit up Old Navy Cove then stick close to shore to keep from being beat up by the wind coming back in.

Or we can launch from Shoreline Park and have a bit of wind break with GB and hit the docks all around GB to Fairpoint or cruise over to Bob Sikes and hit the flats around Live Oak Preserve.

Let me know what sounds good and we can go from there.

Eric

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok let's aim for Shoreline Park in Gulf Breeze at 7.
Wind is blowing pretty hard right now on the north end of GB so the bay may be choppy.
The sound has a few wind breaks we can pick from depending on where the wind is blowing from tomorrow.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice day out, a few bites on live shrimp under a popping cork by the docks east of Shoreline but no hook ups. Headed over to Sikes bridge and the wind and waves were howling. Decided to beach at Live Oak Preserve and do a some surf fishing, found a nice hole where there were lots of bites, one stolen lure but not much else.

Jgatorman and I are heading out to the Gulf tomorrow to troll.
If anyone else wants to come along, meet up around 6am at the first parking lot on the left pass Margaritaville.

Send me a text if you can make it and we will have extra bait.
Eric

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had a great time with Loruna and Jgatorman today! Just wish SOCmedic could have made it. All 3 are some of the nicest guys I've ever fished with. If you ever get the opportunity to fish with these guys go for it! Thanks guys, and good luck tomorrow, wish I could make it!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
thanks I had a blast with both of you guys today. I look forward to many similar days. I'm also hoping weather holds out then Loruna and I have a nice day to do a little GOM fishing tomorrow. maidened the new PA 14 today, the 2015 was fantastic the new skeg increases tracking dramatically and the pedals do seem to be more efficient. I feel an addiction coming on!

·
Medically Retired Army
315 Posts
Missed you guys too! Sorry something came up and I wasn't able to make it, I am going on Monday into the Gulf, looks like amazing weather. Good luck you guys, you guys should rock it tomorrow. JGatorman, great breaking in that new Hobie, I am stoked for you. Also I have a Hobie live well for sale(original sale fell through) if you are interested. I know we talked about it, but wasn't sure if you still were interested.

I hope you guys are all as stoked about the pier to pier trip we are going to do.

Also, which of you guys are going to do the Pcola Kayak and Sail tournament on October the 4th? I was thinking of going out of Navarre, I was thinking about maybe camping the night before and then fishing there. Let me know if you guys want to do it together(safer in a group) We will have a much better chance at pelagic fish there.

Good luck again for tomorrow and I missed you guys today. Let me know if any of you have Monday off and want to do a zero swell GOM fishing that day.

Chris

·
Medically Retired Army
315 Posts
aware...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The mackerels were hungry today. The wind was a bit much and I had a football party to get to so was only out for about 3 hours.
Some stolen bait, one broken knot but I'm not complaining.

·
Medically Retired Army
315 Posts
Congrats brother!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I had the best time with Loruna on Sunday on my second time in the PA14 trolling in the gulf, sporty, windy and short frequency on the wave lengths but what a day. I made the mistake of trolling with two lines out and ended up not being able to keep up with both. After five minutes of trolling you either had a Spanish on or stripped bait. I see a lot of adventure in my future Thanks Loruna!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts