Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back, maybe it was months, it all runs together, Splittine was asking about Tyler Childer tickets and it started a short conversation about some artist in that loose fitting genre. Some names came up, Sturgil Simpson, Cody Jinks, and some others and I found myself in the exact rabbit hole I have been looking for musically and have been in it every since. Now I grew up on bluegrass and 80's - 90's country, along with older stuff my old man listened to, Willie and Waylon, etc. and I've been a Jamey Johnson fan since That Lonesome Song came out, and I like most of what Chris Stapleton is doing. But I just couldn't listen to the garbage they are force feeding us on country radio any more. So, first I want to think Splittine for shining the light in that direction, and second I want to ask who else some of you are listening to that is not on the radio, I'll list a few below that I have found since this started, feel free to add to the list.

Turnpike Troubadours
Billy Strings
Steel Drivers (with Chris Stapleton)
Aaron Lewis - this surprised the shit out of me, but he has some good songs
Town Mountain
Cody Jinks
Whiskey Myers
Cross Canadian Ragweed

·
Super Moderator
19,677 Posts
Cody Jinks
Colter Wall
Ward Davis
Tyler Childers
Whitey Morgan
Tennessee Jet
Sturgill Simpson
Steel Woods (Best southern rock band out right now)
Whiskey Myers
Brent Cobb

I could go on for hrs.

·
Apex
1,361 Posts
Not the radio! Which I haven't listened to in years. I pay the $10/month for spotify and don't plan to change. If my playlist is on shuffle you may here everything from George (Strait or Jones), followed by Skynyrd, Doobie Brothers, Tracy Chapman, Eagles, Stones, etc. and then out of nowhere some Mike Jones will come on followed by Clarence Carter Strokin. I like all good music, not stuck on one genre, but all new music typically sucks harder than a mosquito at sunset so keep them coming!

Reactions: Yellow River Cat

·
Apex
1,361 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sturgill has a new album dropping sometime soon, be on the lookout for it. He says it's not gonna be country, so probably be on the heavy southern rock/blues side...which is fine by me, that's some of his best stuff. Anybody remember when he performed on SNL a couple years ago and rocked the set to the ground?

1 - 20 of 110 Posts