Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
konz (1/28/2010)I appreciate everybody here, especially those that have been helping me out with finding some work!

If I had to name a few it would have to be my weekly fishing partners......Covertfisherman, Yankee2, and Bigrigz. These guys fish with me in some crazy stuff which is good b/c I am far from a fair weather fisherman.
Ditto, Konz keeps me interested in fishing!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Dang, this is a dangerous topic. I'd leave out too many people if i put up a list, so I'll just keep it very concise. Thanks Gene and Tim for sharing your experience and expertise. My hobby became a lot more enjoyable when I started fishing with you gentlemen.

·
Registered
955 Posts
My, my, my, where to begin........

I'll go timeline:

dkdiver: the love of my life who has stood behind, beside or in front of me whichever I need at whatever time. he has had faith in me regardless of my endeavours.

Clay-doh: for helping me get my in-laws into their house by replacing the roof after Ivan, being such a great friend and keeping us entertained by this yankee-isms and for introducing us to the forum

Chris: for having the forum and putting up with all of the nonsense we put him through

Tuna Man for telling me how to convert my range from natural gas to propane....I hate cooking with electric and my neighborhood doesn't have natural gas. Ron, I have to say I think about your patience just about every time I hit the gas on that baby! THANK YOU!!!!!

Jsponney: for giving me my first regular weekly gig and allowing me to cook for his congregation for over a year now and for talking the company up every chance he gets

Corrina: for being there as support when I was on my last leg and allowing me a little breathing room when things were getting a little too hot in the kitchen

Poker fisher101: Chris, Corrina's son for being willing to jump in and pick us up in a pinch hit situation. I don't know what I'd do without those two.

For ALL of you who have supported the cafe' during such a hard economic time. Jamielou, Dale, Kingfish, and all of the rest of you who have given us support, you have no idea how much myself, Corina and Chris appreciate it.

May 2010 be a better year for all of us!

God Bless!

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
In no particluar order-

ul412al - Allen - always helpfulto posters seeking advice

Buzz Bait- Eric - funny sarcastic wit

Stuart H. Brown -community minded

seanmclemore- great spear fisherman/hunter

Mark W

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Rooster21 (1/28/2010)I agree with all above from what I have read, but from what I hear about, there is one guy that needs to be mentioned as well.

Jjam ... This guy takes anybody and everybody fishing, and he sets them on the fish each and every time, and presents great posts and pics. Just stand in Hot Spots for any period of time, and the employees there will talk about their own fishing trip with this guy.

:clap...Jimmy is the man..You have must of heard the convos..

·
Registered
481 Posts
There are too many to list, I think it would be easier to list the ones I don't appreciate but thats not what this forum is about. There are some really great people on hereand I wanna thank everyone for making this forum what it is:bowdown.

All I gotta say is this damn forum is very addictive(my GF says I'm hooked). I just wish we had this 25 yrs ago!:letsdrink

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thanks for the salute Capt. Wes & Dylan...

Life would be rather boring without all of y'all who make it interesting enough to log -on two to five times /day to see what is going on....

·
Registered
775 Posts
Capt. Ken!! just for soo much knowledge to pass on!:bowdown

dylan to keep me laughing while on the pier drinkin a beer:letsdrink

JHOUGE for gaffing my biggest king off the pier yet(in my avatar):clap

and all you others that help me out with every day knowledge that i seem to lack:banghead

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Can't Name them All:banghead, But since I have Joined Not Only have I meet some people I will Call Friends Till I Pass, But I Can't Think of anyone I have Meet in Person from the PFF that I Didn't Like!!! Tight Lines Everyone and Hope you get the Fish of your Dreams this Year!!:letsparty

·
Registered
549 Posts
Garbo This is a good post that you have started. I will try and name a few that I have fish with or met during this last year. There is a few that I just respect for the positive comments they have for members posts. reel happy, put on a good party, submariner it was my pleasure fishing with you several times,Frenchy thanks for looking after my boat while at harbor view, Mikeshep that I have fished with for over 25 years has it been that long? CATCH-ALL that I have fish with and he showed us some deep water techics,[email protected] that I have fished with and will again some day,sealark always willing to help anyone when he can knows alot about the sea,shimano shared a lumber yard one day way offshore,LiL Scout fish with and he knows his stuff about blue water,Downtime2 fish with several times and a hoot to be around,mpmorr always has positive comments on the forum,capt. wesrozier keeps us on out toes,corpsman another postive member of the forum looking forward to fishing with next weather day,Run Dover even if he is a marine I fished with him; watch out for his boys tehy are the future of pensacola,Russian I have fished with Nick also and he does love his fish,Flounderpounder Tom does love his deep dropping fished with him twice,Shurketch I have fished with Ed years past and I like the way he post his trips,lastcast fished with and will again he to loves to deep drop,The Duke have fished with and has done alot for the fishing community but he needs to get rid of his mono over 300 feet,PassTime postive comments and posts,FenderBender meet him for the first time at the rigs his crew was having a ball after all is't that what fishing is all about,Capt Jake Adams a young man that knows his fish, Oceanman While at the edge you could always see him there with his trophy,Eastern Tackle always has a trick up his sleeve to catch a fish and will share it with others,dailysaw I fished with Bruce and he was the grouper master that day, WharfRat Hall I have fished with several times and he will keep you laughing all day love to jig and very good at,Pinksnappercatcher I have fish with Joe and he too loves a good fight with groupers,Heller High Water Chaz's crew really out fished us at the rigs last month,SheYakFishr Pam loves to fish as much as I have ever know any women to ;always smilling,Realtor postive on the forum and loves to help out when he can boat load of women sometimes,HiredHand a shark catching machine man likes to fish any time any were,jjam I have fish with and he's some kind of nut when it comes to fishing I think he is addicted,bluffman2 postive on the forum and some day we will get to drop a line down deep,Ironman 172 Bill will jump out of the boat 35 miles offshore to untangle a prop and I think he is hooked on deep dropping A great guy to fish with easy going,Cobe Killer our newest member on the team goes out of his way to help anyone with any need not a bad fisherman either,Recess my son the boy got salt water in his vains and he too will help anyone with any need anytime,Fiver B-rad will also keep you in stiches while offshore but don't turn your back on him fishing ;he will jump over,NaCIH2O Rob loves to fish and it shows every time he get's the chance to run offshore ;another one that will help anyone with a need anytime,lobsterman I like his his comments on posts and love the way he stands up for his FAITH, Sequohia for getting me started on the forum. There are alot more that makes the PensacolaFishingForum for what it is. Looking for ward to meeting and fishing with everyone. Gene

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
on the rocks (1/26/2010)Ok Curtis...you made me think of even more people I forgot to add the first time..

Bamasam and Precious...for always thinking of us when they come to visit...

H2OMark and family...foralways thinking of us as well...these folks and Sam kept us supplied in Southern Flavor...

Bluffman...all your help with the kids and always calling me ma'am:poke

Boatjob1...for being a good friend and fellow Pirate

mdrobe2....one of the nicest guys I know...and all his help on the dock...from rub rails to rod holders....

Sheyackfisher...cool gal and a Pirate too...just over in Milton..

Reelcrazy...a big jello shotfan..thinking of hiring him to be an offical taster...

I am sure there are more I will think of....and I will keep adding to the list :)

Hama...can't forget him...he actually listens to my advice!!! and comes to get togethers with some kick ass tequila...

Stressless...saved Mike once or twice and his service to our country...there will be jello shooters for you when you get back big guy :usaflag:bowdown

Chris Couture...for making all of this possible...:bowdown

Corypheana....aka Karon...a good friend and expert marine biologist...pretty good fishing partner too...lots of good times...

Deeplines...for being...well....Murph

Corrinas2...for posting all those menus every day right before I get to go eat in a school cafeteria...LOL.. now with pictures:poke

Rocklobster...for some of the best food I have eaten in a while and a kick ass discount when I come see you...I will pass that brownie recipe on in my will...it's that good

Thanks for the mention Dale!Ishould thank you for the hospitality on the dock!

·
Registered
186 Posts
1) AQUA HUNTRESS- For taking a 13ft. boat and out fishing most men...pics too..

2) Bluffman2- For always pitchin in where needed.. (Even the cleaning table LOL)

3) Run Dover- Only fished with him once, but a super guy that fishes hard

4) Team Recess- Never met these guys, but really enjoy their positive posts (Never seen so many Grouper)

5 )Ironman- Never met him either, but seems like a class act

I appreciate all that post, and all that remember what their mama told them.... If you don`t have something good to say don`t say nothing....

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Met Jason Yesterday.

Seems like I have known him for years, but we actually shook hands yesterday.

Good toknow you, Brother.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Death From Above (1/27/2010)P'Cola Native - Takes me snapper fishing and always invites me to hunt his leases for the past 10 years

Garbo - Put me on his "appreciate list" even though I called him an asshole at least one time &I was supposed to take him flounder killing back in Oct, but never did

SkullsMcNasty - Doesn't take any of mycomments to heart

Choppedliver - Made me a kick ass flounder gig

Five Prongs of Fury - Consistently kills more flounders than me soI don't get accused of "overtaking" as much

Clay doh - Love reading his stuff.....very funny

Corypheania - She writes great fishing reports/stories with pictures

Butt Pirate - Every forum needs a goofy bastard everybody loves to hate

Holy crap, I made someone's list! sweet! :letsdrink

·
Banned
2,215 Posts
Not in any order but gona give it a shot

konz - Ray has showed me several things and a great guy, not to mention his gf makes some GREATTTTTT banana pudding.

snatch it - Daniel is a good ole boy that can mess with each other all day and not catch a damn thing.

surfstryker - Have spent many days and nights with this man and he's one of the few guys I trust with netting a fish of mine. Not to mention his son, Nick.

Silver - got me into the local music in town and have enjoyed showing him everything I can teach him, and he actually listens and remembers it.

Cornflake 0 Robert, me and him have killed many flounder and black snapper on NAS and plan on doing for as long as possible.

Realtor - Jim has opened the Vault and allowed me to work there, and is overall a truely cool guy to shoot the breeze with.

The Hired Hand - Mark, calls me when he needs an extra hand and I can't thank him enough for it.

I'm sure i missed a few but thanks everybody for dealing with me and all my crap :letsdrink

·
Super Moderator
27,943 Posts
Garbo (2/27/2010)Met Jason Yesterday.

Seems like I have known him for years, but we actually shook hands yesterday.

Good toknow you, Brother.
Dang...<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl25_lblPostedDate>Posted Today @ 2:02:50 AM

12 hour trip (add 2more fer you Curtis) and you got enough energy to post this before hitting the road to fish the tourney??? PFF addiction, I think most of us got it!!!:letsdrink

Same to ya Curtis....GREAT to finally meet ya...and hopefully many fishing/hunting excursions in the future brother!

I hope You and Jimmy have good luck this morning and Jason and Chase catch some good ens too...Ya'll keep me posted!!!

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Well, I have to start off with
OceanMaster for all of the great help on equipment over the years.
Pompano Joe same as above

Chris V for all of the non-smartass answers to my stupid questions
Splittine for the same.
MrFish for same.
badonskybuccaneers for same
jd7.62 for same

Garbo for being Garbo
Espo for being Espo
Submariner for being a decent human being and all around nice guy.

and last but not least:
grouper22 for asking "Do they have oysters at Sammy's" I haven't laughed that hard in 5 years!!!

41 - 60 of 69 Posts