Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
Honestly? I wouldn't even begin to know where to start. I have met and fished with a pile of people on here. Xanadu, offroute2,JadedLady, Bodacious, willyc, DISANTODA, polebender, PURPLR HAZE, brnbsr, bombtosser, atlantacapt, SUNDOWNER, pmsumner, Water Hazard, FreddieJr......and that is just a very few.... I have made some of the best friends you could ask for on here. The list would be loooong.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Wade, for not giving up and coming back strong. And almost everyone else, the list would be insanely long for all of the people who have showed me kindness. The good people on this forum know no boundaries as far as true southern hospitality goes. The asshats just fade away over time.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
I'll participate a bit and echo that thought.....probably first would be Chris, if it wasn't for him.....none of this good, bad and the uglything called the PFF or all thesefriends that have been made and sometimes all out chaos wouldn't even be here...

Probably secondly would be SET 4 Life, my fishing partner, brother's in initiation, fellow CPO retired and best friend for alot of yrs now until he up and moved to Miami on me that is.....

I appreciate Wade immensely, although he and I have never fished together, maybe someday, we've spent alot of time chatting, beer drinking, solving life's problems (on the PFF of course) and get to talking fishing once in a while....

REEL FIESTY, also another incredible member and person, another one of my sounding boards, incredible friend and like a big brother.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I appreciate everyone here, i do have some that stick out...

Pokerfisher... for being an awesome son, stepping in to supporting our family when his dad left.. and helping me with his brother and sister

Chris for putting up with all of us.. day in and day out....

Deeplines::.. he will help anyone and give you the shirt of your back if you need it...

Badazzchef:::: gave me a chance when i needed help... loved working at the Wharf with him and Jenny, meet some fantastic artists, i think of him as my brother.....

Tuna Man::: if you cant fix it he can help you figure out how...

Realator::::: helped me find my house, even when taking him to the worstplaces and he didnt bat an eye lol...

Rocklobster... for believing in me and giving me a chance to support my family..

karon..... an open ear whenever i need to talk.. about life and whatever i need

Ultralight and on the rocks.. opening there house and dock anytime to anyone no matter what happens

Jamielu..... always has a smile on her face,, and smiles are addicting...

Claydo.... always makes me laugh no matter what happens

Bluehoo.. for letting me experience hunting with pokerfisher and dropping my first deer....

Litecatch.. for getting us all together weekly to BS

iceman28o1:::: thank you for letting me purchase one of your pups, giving me a good deal... giving my youngest son his best friend..

i know i left some out everyone who knows me i appreciate you all...... :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

·
Registered
257 Posts
i have to say that although new to the forum and am unfamiliar with any members as yet i appreciate any members who take the time to answer questions and polls to help others who may not be as skilled or as knowledgeable ( like myself ) as others

THANX

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I appreciate a lot of people on here and have met a few regulars on here. The person that stands out the Most though is Downtime. Wade is just a good guy, period. That's all that's too it. He has more patience than anyone I have met. Wade would give the shirt off his back to help anyone, I guarantee it. I am sure there are a lot on here that fit that bill, but Wade is truly a "one of a kind". :usaflag

·
Registered
807 Posts
capt john soule...who reads this forum...who had the vision to start the first fishing forum with censorship only to see chris couture not like being censored to go a create his on fishing forum only to come full circle and be mr censor himself with many moderators!

yes thank you capt john soule because without you we would not be where we are today with so many friends we have never met!

·
Registered
698 Posts
The OLE Buddy Pal You My Friend.

I have not met many forum members at all. I personally only know a few.

Chris for making this forum possible and putting up with all our messes.

Reel Fiesty for introducing me to Deep Sea Fishing. I met James some 20 plus years ago. James drove the " The Wizard Van" James had a painting of the Wizard on the side of his work van. Thanks much James . Steve probably still pokes at you for introducing me to the Gulf Coast.

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
I have to say that I don't know as many of you as I would like. Some of you know me. Being a charterboat operator can sometimes make you un-popular. Unless... you are stuck out at the edge and the power pack just crapped out on the outboard... and you forgot to put the VHF back on the boat. I know a few of you just by reputation (good and bad) mostly good. I can list Capt. Wes Rosier and his errant nephew as good friends. I have known Sealark since 1991 when he and the late "Mark V Doug" ran most of the dive charters out of Southwind. I don't live here, but I do appreciate the good content here and I will continue to visit. One thing that strikes me as funny is that many times you can read something on here that takes the Pensacola News Journal or WEAR 24 or more hours to report. Good fishing and Tight Lines PFF!:clap:clap:clap

Capt Jim Stone www.aquaventurecharters.com

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
captwesrozier (1/27/2010)capt john soule...who reads this forum...who had the vision to start the first fishing forum with censorship only to see chris couture not like being censored to go a create his on fishing forum only to come full circle and be mr censor himself with many moderators!

yes thank you capt john soule because without you we would not be where we are today with so many friends we have never met!
'

Wes, Capt. John is a great guy..If hes reading this Id like to thank him for putting up with our crap as youngsters and always helping us out..Thanks Mr. Soule:bowdown

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I'll be the cheese ball that says almost everyone. I've been on the forum for about a year now and I've learned a lot about saltwater fishing. Since joining the forum I catch more fish in more ways than I ever could without reading and asking quesitons.

Just to name a couple...

Garbo-- My wife never reads the forum and couldn't care less, but she'll ask me if Garbo asked any funny questions lately.

Tunapopper-- can't wait until spring to try some of his tips

BT66-- has made me spend more money in gas than he'll ever know. His reports have influenced many trips from Birmingham to Gulf Shores.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Here's a Few More, but None the less than before:

Jason - I swear we will get a hunting trip together one day. I look forward to it too, Brother.

ShakeyJr. - Great Guy full of great stories. Knows what the word Family means.

H20Mark - I have never met Mark, but we have tried to meet up during late Jan. during a hunt in Central Al. I look forward to that actually happening too.

Telum Pisces - Never met, but I have always had a very good impression of him, and his ScreenName is still a Killer Boat name.

BamaSam - I have never met Sam either, but enjoy his post, and always look forward to hearing from Sam.

Linda&Ernie - Don't know either of them, butI have met Linda.Great Fisherman/Lady.

HalfMoon - Great Humor. Haven't heard from him in a while.

Corpsman - Always Enjoy and look forward to reading his opinion on topics.

Genisis - Very intelligent. I always like to read what he wrote. I could learn alot from him. Been Absent.

RiverGulfFisher - Jeremy seems to be a great person. We have threatened to hunt somewhere too.

Craig W - Always has something cool to read when he post.

ratzilla - Haven't heard from him in a while, butwehad some really cool conversations

murphyslaw - Have never met Joel, but he went out of his way to tell me about a great boat deal one time. Always have thought highly of him.

Wharf Rat - Never met, but he shoots straight. Always has an interesting point of view.

reelfinatical - Have never met, but I enjoy her reports, always great read.

Sequoiha - Always jumps in to help when someone has a stalled outboard. Asset to the forum.

David Ridenour - I have laughed at things he wrote for several years. Great Humor. Where you Been?

Willie Joe - Well...........Well.............Well.............Well.....He has a nice personality

Floridays - Good People right there. I owe you some jigs.

Daddytime - Never met him but seems like very good people.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
P'Cola Native - Takes me snapper fishing and always invites me to hunt his leases for the past 10 years

Garbo - Put me on his "appreciate list" even though I called him an asshole at least one time &I was supposed to take him flounder killing back in Oct, but never did

SkullsMcNasty - Doesn't take any of mycomments to heart

Choppedliver - Made me a kick ass flounder gig

Five Prongs of Fury - Consistently kills more flounders than me soI don't get accused of "overtaking" as much

Clay doh - Love reading his stuff.....very funny

Corypheania - She writes great fishing reports/stories with pictures

Butt Pirate - Every forum needs a goofy bastard everybody loves to hate

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I appreciate everyone on the forum in their own way.

Some for their wisdom and experience on the water, thanks for sharing and improving my experience on the water.

Some for their veiws on subject matter that make me look at things in a different light.

Some for making me grin with their wit and comments.

If we all were of the same mind set then there would be nothing to say.

Thanks to all of you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree with all above from what I have read, but from what I hear about, there is one guy that needs to be mentioned as well.

Jjam ... This guy takes anybody and everybody fishing, and he sets them on the fish each and every time, and presents great posts and pics. Just stand in Hot Spots for any period of time, and the employees there will talk about their own fishing trip with this guy.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I appreciate everybody here, especially those that have been helping me out with finding some work!

If I had to name a few it would have to be my weekly fishing partners......Covertfisherman, Yankee2, and Bigrigz. These guys fish with me in some crazy stuff which is good b/c I am far from a fair weather fisherman. I also have to say Clay b/c he was the first guy to take some random fat guy out on his boat and show him a good time.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Haa haa guys. Just remember..that was Brandy commin out with that sexual orientation thing. I remember first time Konz and I set off for sharks...and 4 years later..here we are...Team Chunky Love...

I like everybody on here just about that I have met in person. I have had some hell of a good laughs, and good times with you all.

Many of you make me laugh, and I like that almost all of you put up with me and let me have fun making you laugh ,weather it be with me or at me...I don't care, as long as I see smiling faces. Thats what I love to see more than anything, is big grins on peoples faces.

Yall got me misty eyed.:grouphug

21 - 40 of 69 Posts