Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our normal source for a box of peaches isn’t happening this year. Who’s got them (besides the grocery store?)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I do! Just went to the peach festival in Mineral Wells. Boy howdy! Too far for you to go but just mentioned it cause it's the right time of year! Getcha some

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do! Just went to the peach festival in Mineral Wells. Boy howdy! Too far for you to go but just mentioned it cause it's the right time of year! Getcha some

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
Come fishing and bring me some!

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Have you checked Baileys? They have new ownership but still about the same produce last time I was there. I bought one of the sweetest watermelons that I have had all summer last week at Baileys. I have not bought peaches by the box but I have bought oranges that way. Call and ask.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
There were some decent Chilton county peaches at Bailey's a couple weeks ago

Reactions: SHunter

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
In Pace, on Chumuckla hwy. Where Adams road comes out on Chumuckla. George Wendt has a produce stand he opens every year. Most of the produce comes from his farm in Jay. Shelled Purple hull peas, Sweet corn, Tomatoes, shelled Butter beans. He also has some Georgia peaches. I bought some earlier this week and they were very sweet and juicy.
The peas and corn are amazing. I vacuum sealed about fifteen packs, 2 cups each of the purple hill peas.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Oh and he has a hit and miss engine there, set up to make ice cream. If you are lucky he will have some when you get there. It goes quick. If you have time, sit down and talk to Mr. Wendt. He is an interesting fellow. He will be the one in dirty overalls. Collects Farmall tractors and has been farming in Jay for many tears.

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help. I want to share a story that just happened.
A friend of mine just texted me and asked if I knew anyone who wanted a box of peaches. I thought he was messing with me and replied with a funny answer. Then I thought, “wait a minute, he isn’t on the PFF so how does he know I want peaches?” I ask him if he knew of my request and he said no. He and his wife were driving through Chilton Co Alabama and felt God telling them to stop and get me some peaches. He got them and then started home. He texted to say he was going to drop them off to me. Now, some people think it is a coincidence and some probably don’t believe it, but God even cares about the little stuff in our lives. He knows our needs and even our desires. It’s pretty amazing. Anyways, just thought I’d share. Thanks again. I’m gonna try these other places when my box runs out.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Jeff for future reference, I got some really good ones at the road side market on 29 in cantonment nearly to Molino the other day.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Chilton County produces the best peaches in the US.

Reactions: jack2

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Chilton County produces the best peaches in the US.
Respectfully disagree, the peaches we used to get from northern South Carolina were the best ever, better than Georgia or Alabama peaches in my opinion, I wish I could get a bushel of them now.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
I have not had any from the Carolinas, but here I think the best here were from Chilton and were free stone peaches. The little Flora Bama on Mobile Hwy usually has them or Baileys. If they have run out, either the crops are not producing or everyone wants them at this time. I hope for the latter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts