Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out looking for pompano in crooked island sound but turned the trip into a whiting slugfest.
Jim and my rods stayed busy catching whiting, hardtails, ladyfish and one lonely pomp. Ladies annoy the crap out of me but I guess it's the price you pay to play.
All the fish were caught on silly Willie's with flys. Jim's wife is Philippino and loves hard tails. I've eaten them and find them edible. I call them philipino pompano.

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nice haul.

I drove over Friday evening to see if the ramp was open at Research Rd. I got down there and saw one truck/trailer and one USAF Police. We were both in our vehicles and neither of us spoke to one another. Seeing the truck/trailer, I assumed we were good to go for Saturday.
When I got home I got the boat ready and planned to launch there first thing in the morning. Well, I decided to look it up and was confused by the isportsman statement. It said all recreation in closed to everyone except base residents. I dont know if that means "inside the gates" or all base property?
I didnt want to risk it so we went to West Bay.

If I make the 15 mile run from the Pass, I need a solid weather window as that's a long time to run the beach in the Hewes.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tie my own flys. Bucanneer jigs and silly Willy type jigs come from the store. Wallmart usually have then. 1/4 and 3/8 Ounce chartrues and pink colors work the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts