1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Nice memory Pirogue!

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
I think it's great. It's a first time event that the young man will only have once in his life. It's good to capture it properly.

As long as the photographer has the camera READY, and gets on with it, before the fish is lifted out, there should be no problem.

This fish is still showing decent color, so should be OK. If the fish are brought in and wired in a timely manner, it shouldn't be a problem. If they are fought on too light a rig or fought to exhaustion, oxygen depletion and lactic acid buildup stage then they are in trouble and should not be lifted out. On boats with high free-board, they can be difficult to revive. Their head needs to be down in the water and the revival process needs to go on as long as required for them to show recovery.

By the way, I like your rigs. Not as many people using that combination as you would think but it's killer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think it's great. It's a first time event that the young man will only have once in his life. It's good to capture it properly. As long as the photographer has the camera READY, and gets on with it, before the fish is lifted out, there should be no problem. This fish is still showing decent color, so should be OK. If the fish are brought in and wired in a timely manner, it shouldn't be a problem. If they are fought on too light a rig or fought to exhaustion, oxygen depletion and lactic acid buildup stage then they are in trouble and should not be lifted out. On boats with high free-board, they can be difficult to revive. Their head needs to be down in the water and the revival process needs to go on as long as required for them to show recovery. By the way, I like your rigs. Not as many people using that combination as you would think but it's killer.

Agree! And great pic Pirouge! I was able to get 2 juniors their first Billfish on Saturday also. 2 Whites, both got pics quickly and released healthy.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Awesome pic and equally good memories for the kid. Can't imagine how I would have felt getting my first bill as a child. Unforgettable for sure.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Awesome Pic, and Nicely Done!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts