Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
It is about that time, for "White Trout Junkies" like myself to start having fun.
That first cold snap usually brings them to the bridges for the winter..

I love a three hour trip, and try to bring home only 50.
I always screw up and come home with 70+

It is none stop catching, a great trip to bring newbies on!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is about that time, for "White Trout Junkies" like myself to start having fun.
That first cold snap usually brings them to the bridges for the winter..

I love a three hour trip, and try to bring home only 50.
I always screw up and come home with 70+

It is none stop catching, a great trip to bring newbies on!!!

Can I get more info? I have a few kids id like to get action on. I'm an hr away and would like some tips on how to get white trout.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
White trout are pretty easy when you find them. Bob Sykes fishing bridge or the drive on bridge next to 3 mile bridge. Good behind wahoo stadium nice pier. Use cut mullet or cut pin fish. I rig a Carolina rig or double loop. Catchumup

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Can I get more info? I have a few kids id like to get action on. I'm an hr away and would like some tips on how to get white trout.
If you have a boat with a bottom machine, it is easy.
Ride along Three Mile or Garcon, watch for any structure. Drop anything down artificial, like a Gulp Penny. Once you get a few, I use cut bait, from a White Trout. They are Cannibals.

Drop down, bounce off the bottom a turn or two, try to count to 10, Fish on before you get there.
Then decide if it is large enough to keep or not.
Constant action once you find them.

I like to fish two people. One in the front, one on the stern, with a 5 gallon bucket for each angler. The bucket helps keep an eye on how many we have caught.

Then dump them in the ice, and head to the house. I can clean one a minute, so 50 takes about an hour. 70 take 1.6 hours, that is too long.

They do not freeze well at all. So keep your fillets on the top shelf of the frig, with a little milk splashed over them, and eat them for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, every which way you can think to cook them.

Nothing like Fish and Eggs for breakfast.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We have been catching them on the west side of 3 mile bridge south of the channel. You will see them on a bottom machine. They are great for kids as they can catch them consistently on a drift.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I see a lot of people on the Shalimar bridge fishing. I'm not sure what they are catching.
Thanks nice to know there is a place to do this! Hopefully they are still running next week when I come to town.

It will be this or the pomp run.

·
EAT-SLEEP-GO FISHING
4,064 Posts
Anywhere on the Choctawhatchee to get to them from land?

Personally, I never hear of anyone catching white trout on the Choctawhachee Bay. Most likely they do but where and when I don't have a clue.
Right now the speckled trout bite is on fire in the east end of the bay....Last 3 days since it turned cold.
I see a lot of people fishing from land at the little bridge on 331, and at Pilcher Park wharf on the south end of the causeway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts