Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found the perfect use for some white trout. The taco!!!

Fry some filets in some olive oil. Dust heavily with Old Bay and some magic fish powder first.

It don't matter if they crumble or fall apart. It is actually better if they do.....

make your taco as you want it. I like to add some of that green ranch sauce to mine...

or make it a fish burrito if you want to. Either way, it is goooooooooo-ooooooood!

I am almost out of white trout in the freezer. This weather needs to co-operate so I can get some more soon!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Freespool (3/22/2010)I am not a fish snob but frozen white trout????
Yuppers! And it was gooooooo-ooood! Don't knock it till you try it.

Desperado, I told you I had all new recipes for white trout. This is one of them! LOL

·
Registered
633 Posts
I never thought about a trout taco, I'll have to give it a try because if it tastes good that will be the first trout recipe that my taste buds liked.Thanks for the tip It looks good!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Had some white trout tacos Saturday night. Fresh though. Soft tortillia, fried trout, little shredded mexican blend cheese, shredded cabbage, fresh made pico, and a sauce made from sour cream, coctail sauce, horseradish, and chipotle. Man, getting hungry again now!

Dale

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I honestly don't know why so many people are adverse to eating white trout. You would think that they were radioactive or something!

They are plentiful, you can catch up to 100# at a single trip, legally. And just one piece of squid will catch them all night.

What is not to like?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I honestly don't know why so many people are adverse to eating white trout. You would think that they were radioactive or something!

They are plentiful, you can catch up to 100# at a single trip, legally. And just one piece of squid will catch them all night.

What is not to like?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have to say that I am a fish snob... But I love frozen white trout. In my eyes, many people do not properly know how to clean, put away, cook deer either. White trout are the same. I just keep them cold after catching, use cold water while rinsing after filleting and cold water when freezing...Everyone that eats with me tears them up and calls them the best fish ever...

I also love to make fish tacos with mine. I use shredded cabbage, guacamole, a sour cream/taco seasoning mixture, and diced red onions- and lime. My favorite!

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (3/23/2010)I honestly don't know why so many people are adverse to eating white trout. You would think that they were radioactive or something!

What is not to like?
Its a personal preference.The texture is what i do not like.They have a mushy texture im not use to.I would prefer a fish with a better texture.I have eaten specks and they was ok but the white trout just mushes up.Not knocking you guys i just dont like it

·
Registered
34 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Try slightly frying the flour tortillas, fold them like a taco and let stand to drain. Don?t fry too much you still want them flexible just a little gold.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Then as stated by several post above use fine shredded cabbage !!!!<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">When it comes to being a fish snob I?m not a huge fan of King Mac but soaked in butter milk and fried in a taco they cook up just fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts