Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We could not catch any yesterday at the 3 Mile Bridge. We were fishing mostly around the hump on the Gulf Breeze end. Are there some other areas along the bridge that producewhite trout more consistently?

Thanks for any tips on where to find them.

·
Super Moderator
29,722 Posts
They really love to eat themselves so when save a couple fer bait....I use squid alot too....I didn't think there was a spot at 3 mile you could drop a bait and not catch a whitie....

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason, we didn't think that they would be hard to catch either. We used shrimp and squid. Drifted around quite a few places. We know about using them to catch more. We were hoping to catch one which we would cut up. Just could not find any. Thanks for responding.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
They are not thick right now. Later in the year they will be. I have caught 300+ in one night, of course most were released. But in that same spot that has been so good to me, last time we went out we caught maybe 10. Im not sure where they are, but they are only at the bridge in sparse quantities right now

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think the fishing bridge being open, may be putting more pressure on them...normally, they are there year round. We always use gulp shrimp on a 3/4 ounce jighead...It's like crack for white trout...also sometimes they are eating higher up in the water level so if they aren't biting on the bottom try to bounce your bait on the bottom and reelit up 8-10 feet and see if that works better....good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts