Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So myself and my former sous chefs got together tonight for a little reunion. I went fishing today and caughta spottail pinfish that I thought was pretty thick. Well tonight after a glass or two of wine we decided to try it raw

I fileted the fish and removed all the bloodline . I sliced it very thin and seperated into 2 parts.

1tbsp soy

1tbsp rice win vinegar

1 squirt of srirachi hot sauce

1 pencil eracer size chunck of wasabi

Mix all together set aside

The other filet i marinated in

1/4 chopped tomato

1tsp rice wine vinegar

1 squirt of lime juice

1 pinch of sugar

1 pinch of cumin

mix together set aside

The results....believe it or not phenominal! The texture was outstanding and was comparable to like snapper. No off taste or anything. We loves it and would go out of our way to do it again. Sooo hey give it a try!

Anyway before anyone calls BS this is a serious thread and yes we really did this and yes the outcome was exactly what we thought. Anyway we will do it at JIM T's party

·
Registered
88 Posts
With those ingredients Lizard fish would taste good! Havent had sushi that I didnt like. Some of the most off- the-wall and ugly things taste the best. Never know until you try it !

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Still looks like bait to me! Got any Yellerfin? :hungry

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
A neighbor caught a MONSTER pinfish last year, about 2 lbs.

We fried it up and it was the hands-down favorite.

Also caught some spot-tails this year and fried them whole like bream.

Excellent...

Besides, the way it's going PINFISH will be the only LEGAL fish to keep!

Shhhhh.... if you tell they will have a slot limit... 4 to 8 inches.

·
Super Moderator
27,951 Posts
Ain't nothing to but to do it.....Nothing wrong w/ that setup!!! I'd try it, although I like snapper cut thin, and dipped into lemon juice and some soy sauce.....MMMMMMMMMMMMM:letsdrink

·
Banned
823 Posts
Chef, i applaud you on your exotic desire to create such a dish. speaking of dishes, i have the same plates at my house but dude you are the man for eating that. that fish looks like something that fell out o the shrimp trawl, landed under the transom next to the gas tank and was not found until it started to smell bad.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,092 Posts
Chris,

Please tell me there's none of that "pickled ginger" stuff the Japanese use to <STRIKE>hide</STRIKE>,...er "cleanse the palate" on there.

I can put up with it forJapanese curry dishes,,,, butshashimi, not so much.

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts