Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is telling me he kills specs in Navarre sound with a little white plastic grub and a hook with jig head thru it, anyone ever heard of this or had much luck using ?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yep, it works just fine. So most other colors, along with DOA's and plugs. I like to troll space guppy or electric chicken colored saltwater assassins on jigs behind my yak and it slays them.

·
Registered
665 Posts
White or chart. grubs are awsome for catchin a bunch of specks. Only problem is, most of the fishwill generally be undersized. If your like me though and you get some time to waiste nothin works better for me than a 1/8 or 1/4 oz jig head and one of those grubs. For about every 20 to 25 undersized specks you will catch one that is legal, thats the ratio that holds true for us. But it is still a blast catchin that many trout with light tackle when you have nothin better to do.

When you go to your spot play around with a white grub then a chart grub. Also try usin cut bait to increase the bite. But let them tell you what they want. I've seen times where they will hit a plain white jig better than the one with cutbait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts