Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red Solo Kayak
1,269 Posts
Find something that is a fully enclosed sealed unit. Lots of people say "oh im careful im not gonna flip..." well those that have had the elite 4 and have flipped have destroyed their FF some lucky enough to still be under warranty and can exchange it but others not so much.

To be 100% honest, a hummingbird 160 or 170 and a handheld Gps is to me the best option possible. Hummingbird FF are easy to use and easy to read, simple and to the point. A handheld Gps will do wonders in all situations especially if you like to hike or hunt.

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
I have a humminbird 380ci and its awesome!! Its waterproof and installs in the scupper hole made for it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have the lowrance 4 elite dsi and love it! Only problem wish I had bought the 5 for the bigger screen. I mounted through the hull seems to work great so far. The was a posting by bbarton on here he had a 4 elite dsi brand new for like 250 which is a steal! I have a hummingbird on my boat a with the down imaging and have been disappointed with it. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the lowrance 4 elite dsi and love it! Only problem wish I had bought the 5 for the bigger screen. I mounted through the hull seems to work great so far. The was a posting by bbarton on here he had a 4 elite dsi brand new for like 250 which is a steal! I have a hummingbird on my boat a with the down imaging and have been disappointed with it. Just my 2 cents
Why are you disappointed in the DSI?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have the hummingbird 587CIHD on my boat I have fooled with it to point of frustration on the down scanning I just cannot make anything out or very vague as far as structure goes. The lowrance I see clearly structure and details of the structure. I really only use them for depth and structure and sometimes the gps comes in handy. I have read a lot of reviews on the hummingbird some people love them I just have not had it really work that great for me. The lowrance easy set up worked great first time out. You never know the hummingbird may work great on the yak and the lowrance like crap on the boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts